questions about lots of stuff

all your DIY needs
2 doors
Datsun God

Re: seat mount fabrication

Post by 2 doors »

I THINK ( NOT SURE THOUGH) that if you have manz approvale things change as far as cert is concerned, as its already been recognised as safe by another authority.
MONTY
Datsun Dreamer

Post by MONTY »

was reading thru the regs last night and found that the drivers seat for a unstressed forward facing seat (no seatbelt attatched to the seat) doesn't need to be on rails it must be positioned correctly so the average person can use it cool!!!
IIIRII
Regular

Post by IIIRII »

The Thread title
"Seat Mount Fabrication"
The question
has anyone done this or wants to give me a hand to make mine, they have to be made to msnz shedule so i can race
MONTY
Datsun Dreamer

Post by MONTY »

ok went and had a yarn to him today and, he said

i'm not aloud my bias controller in the car damn it , it can be under the car in the engine bay just not in the car damn it

i'm not aloud the hydraulic handbrake without msnz authority card

the seat mounts tho i can remove the old runners and make a new frame up that uses the doubler system to bolt the new frame to the car and then the seats can bolt straight to that no need for rails, but i will put them in for convenience
IIIRII
Regular

Post by IIIRII »

I could have told you about the handbrake and brake bias, but cant see anywhere that you have asked.
nzdatman
Financial Member

Post by nzdatman »

what ridiculous rules there seem to be out there. Both my rally cars have a bias valve beside the drivers seat, and both have passed WOF no worries.
There's so much bullshit out there, those cert plates are a joke, if you have a FJ20 and decide to swap to an SR20 they would never know as the plate just says DOHC Nissan blah blah. Hell my 1600 cert plate says DOHC and it has an L20b in it and it still gets warrants.
MONTY
Datsun Dreamer

Post by MONTY »

MR IIIRII it says your aloud a bias controller but it has to be lockable is yours

and now that you have your cars sorted is it easy to keep you authority card?
IIIRII
Regular

Post by IIIRII »

You pay a fee every year to manz and they issue a new authority card each year, I think this is dumb, as you dont need to get the car recerted every year, once its done , its done.(unless you change something)
I guess its another way Manz make money.
datsunboy
Datsun God
aka: Dan

Post by datsunboy »

I thought you were allowed to have a bias valve if you liked, but only if it was not accessible to the driver
1969 SSS Nissan Bluebird coupe
1970 Datsun 1600 - CA18DET - Sold!
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

You also need to have a minimum of two meetings signed off in your logbook to get the card too. Which is gay. You only need to have mechanical/money problems, and you're left unable to det a wof for your car.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............