LVV Certification - new certifier in Canterbury

all your DIY needs
broke
Datsun Addict
aka: John

LVV Certification - new certifier in Canterbury

Post by broke »

West Eyreton Motors, apparently this guy's pretty good to deal with too.
Bartman
Committee Members

Re: LVV Certification - new certifier in Canterbury

Post by Bartman »

is he on pointz rd?
My dad has had dealings with the place on pointZ road, and say's they're a good bunch.......
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
brocky41
Financial Member
aka: Brocky

Post by brocky41 »

Na hes on North Eyre road dude
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

That's still good news.
Except he'll have no trouble testing the brakes out properly. There's no shortage of road for going fast out there.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
cul8r
Regular
aka: Chris

Post by cul8r »

Ian Smith

Apparently due to the distance alot of people can't be bothered going to see him, which is nice for everyone else - they get to deal with Don Hoff, and you have less of a wait time..
torqued
Datsun God
aka: Adam

Post by torqued »

Lol.. i was considering that fellow down Timaru way. Even thoughts of Gore..
"It's ok, we know what to do...we talked about this a lot on the internet."
southerndatsun
Regular

Post by southerndatsun »

Peter watson in gore? He good to deal with.
unhuman
aka: Hamish

Post by unhuman »

Going in for cert with Ian on Thursday so will see what hes like then. Could have got a time on Tuesday if I wanted (having called yesterday so very little wait time) but hadn't booked my alignment yet so I left some breathing room. Ended up getting a spot booked at Mag and Turbo for Monday, but thats okay.

Considering I never actually managed to make contact with Don Hoff (tried 5+ times over 2 weeks never picked up his phone, didn't reply to my messages, wasn't at his workshop when I went in) was a great start when Ian actually picked up his phone and on only the second ring. Seemed friendly enough over the phone too.

BTW Jon Palmer in Timaru said hes not too keen on certing many chch cars now as he doesn't want to take business away from Ian, but can still be used as a back up.
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Be sure to report back with your result/experience Hamish! :burnout:
unhuman
aka: Hamish

Post by unhuman »

No worries Bart.

Well I ran into a hiccup with my pre-cert wheel alignment in that the front castor was more than the allowed 0.5 degrees outside of factory specs due to running different front LCA's so the matching bigger brakes bolt up. Castor is non adjustable in my car so I was duly concerned. If I ran the stock LCA's and matching hub carriers I would then need to use brackets for the front calipers, surely a step in the wrong direction compared to extra front positive castor (of which both the guy doing my alignment and Ian himself was in agreement with me in that the more positive front castor the better).

Thankfully after meeting with Ian he applied to the LVVTA for an exemption and they saw sense and gave me one. Would definitely recommend dealing with Ian, has been a great help so far considering I have been on the phone to him every couple of days through this issue and I haven't got to the part where I have to hand over any money yet.

Can't book it back in now though for a couple of weeks as work is starting to flow in. I think word is getting around the the slight hassle of the drive out there is insignificant compared to the hassle of dealing with Don Hoff.