H165 disc conversion

all your DIY needs
dadams
Datsun Dreamer

H165 disc conversion

Post by dadams »

Alright....

Who here knows the ins and outs of doing a H165 disc conversion? If I remember correctly it involves u13(?) discs and calipers?

Looking for as much info as possible, surely somebody here has done it many times before..

GO!
Nick
Regular

Re: H165 disc conversion

Post by Nick »

Sorry I cant help you with any info, I have to ask though did you sell your Wagon?
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Yes I've done it.
What is it going into though?
U13 stuff is indeed the way to go.
http://www.nzdatsun.com/forums/viewtopi ... 5&start=10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That's the only pictures I know of.
I'm pretty sure I still have the file somewhere for the plates.
I actually have some plates somewhere too. And some brakes. I was planing on assembling it on a Vannette diff with the spring pads moved, and selling it all as a complete set up.
I aborted my set up on my sedan, as the shock was in the way, and I couldn't sack it out.
Here is the only pic the new owner of my old set up has posted. Image
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
Naki-Fisher
Regular
aka: Naki

Post by Naki-Fisher »

Hey Bart
Do you have disks on the rear of your sedan? as above reads like you flagged it.
I am wondering what is my best option on my sedan for rear breaks, I have S13's on the front and was thinking of putting S13 on the rear is this possible or is the U13 a better option.
I will want to lower it in the future so must take this into account.
20140720_120938.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

I did have U13's on the rear. The brakes were Ruthless! (If perhaps not the best balanced)
I aborted that set up. as the shock absorber on the sedan, was just too much in the way with the U13 calipers. Which was a pity, because once the plates where cut, and two 2.5mm(?) washers were made the hole thing went together really nicely. The U13 has a larger pad area than say a primera, or a U12 etc.
I've never played with an S13 set up tbh. I imagine the process would be much the same. (It was pretty easy really)
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Post by classicdat »

Depending on your Axle, S110 might go straight on, although where to find them would be the question.
If like Naki, you are S13 front I like the sound of S13 rear and an S13 master cyl for good measure.
Datsuns from A to Zed
Naki-Fisher
Regular
aka: Naki

Post by Naki-Fisher »

Cheers guys
I will add it to the list ;)
Mission at moment is a CAS system.
jeremiahnz
Datsun Driver

Post by jeremiahnz »

I can take more pics of Bart's old setup if you want. I'm still getting new bearings pressed on so it isn't completely setup on the car.

I also bought a Wilwood brake distribution block which includes front/rear adjustment for balance and have a 280sx master on a 610/1200 booster. No idea if it will all work together but here's hoping.
1965 Bluebird 410
1976 Yamaha RD50
jeremiahnz
Datsun Driver

Post by jeremiahnz »

Oh, and if you do want pics, just PM me so I notice
1965 Bluebird 410
1976 Yamaha RD50