Certing s13 brake conversion.

all your DIY needs
Datsunb120PN

Certing s13 brake conversion.

Post by Datsunb120PN »

Has anyone had an s13 silvia brake conversion certified. I am building a 4age powered datsun 1200, have the engine and gearbox all mounted and am finishing the body; rusty, dented nightmare and have made the adapter out of 12mm. wanted too know as the rear brakes are standard if you need some sought of pressure regulator in the front to avoid it dipping at the front on application of the brake. I am running holden barina master cylinder and booster tha thas been moved over 20mm too allow for room for manifold. feel free too ask for any pictures of the build.
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Re: Certing s13 brake conversion.

Post by classicdat »

I have not done the conversion or any cert stuff, but I would think they would have a problem if the rear locked up first, they expect the front to lock up first, just how easily will be the question. How does the bore of the Barina Cyl. compare to the Datsun one, this may help some with more knowledge of the conversion comment on how it will go with std breaks on the back.
Datsuns from A to Zed
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

I don't know of anyone who's had it certed (Doesn't mean is hasn't been)
I showed it to a cert guy, and he said it looked legit as.
You may need a bias valve. (It's pretty common with a brake swap) I run standard sunny rear brakes on my 1200. And I think I have a wee bit too much rearward bias.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
grant76
Datsun Nutter

Post by grant76 »

if you mean just calipers and rotors on 120y struts have had this certed 3 times, never had to fit a brake bias valve. If you're talking about complete s13/s14 strut i haven't certed that one
Datsunb120PN

Post by Datsunb120PN »

Its just s13 brakes on b120 stuts and the barina master cylinder is 13/16" same as the standard b310 sunny unit. Chances are being a ute with no weight on the rear I will need a bias valve.
grant76
Datsun Nutter

Post by grant76 »

wasn't needed in my 2 utes. fit one if you want to though