NZ Datsun Club Labour Weekend Akaroa Cruise Pics

Datto_610
Datsun God
aka: Greg

Re: NZ Datsun Club Labour Weekend Akaroa Cruise Pics

Post by Datto_610 »

I tried but by the time i got all the cars in one shot you could hardly see anything!
brocky41
Financial Member
aka: Brocky

Post by brocky41 »

i think we tried to but couldn't quite fit them all in, i'll have a look later, haven't started unpacking :roll:
hey dude, can you say thanks to tracey for us we forgot before we left :oops:
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

brocky41 wrote:
hey dude, can you say thanks to tracey for us we forgot before we left :oops:
Done!
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
dirtyleppa
Datsun God
aka: leppa

Post by dirtyleppa »

im not sure, i dont think any one was smart enough to. maybe ask ryan on OS
lewishorrell
Financial Member
aka: biebs

Post by lewishorrell »

Bartman wrote:so did no-one take a picture of all the cars in one shot from accross the Domain?
I wish I'd had my camera now.

i took this bart but as everyone said it didnt fit untill i got back this far lol oh well next time we make a point of parking so it can be done!!!
1972 p610 180B SSS
1970 p510 1600
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Thanks Lewis. :mrgreen:
I've PM'd Ryan about it too. Hopefully he took one with his wide angle lens. All the cars lined up in the sun on the domain just llooked so awesome! :guns:
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
kartboy
Committee Members
aka: Hayden

Post by kartboy »

Check out this site for a few of my photos, I haven't had time to reduce them in size to fit on here yet

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kartboy42/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
dirtyleppa
Datsun God
aka: leppa

Post by dirtyleppa »

love the pics hayden, also the one of my bluebird is now my avatar and desktop :D
kartboy
Committee Members
aka: Hayden

Post by kartboy »

nice
mint16
Financial Member
aka: Brendan

Post by mint16 »

hey boys and girls,

shane and i made it home at midnight last nite, had some moments along the way from chch via lewis pass to nelson, then the rimutaka/masterton route home.

we hit the road from chch with a vengeance, and had a ball, ive got some film of shanes bre 510 going hard through the rainforest near springs junction, and some risky chase film in the wet :oops:

shane was very generous to allow me close to an hour worth of driving his 510 from hanmer through to the rainforests near springs junction, awesome sensation of driving a lhd 510 2door, so much more room than the cramped 1200 ute, and has brought some solid motivation to get my 1600 back on track, cant wait to have mine on the road!

before we hit the rimutaka hills north of welly, shane had a look into a headlight issue that had occurred during the weekend. with some new fuses, the high beam lights were on permanently without any control from the ignition or light switch. some thorough investigation proved difficult to find the problem, either being the light switch or high beam relay i think, shane will confirm.

the rain came down the whole way home from the rimutakas in the dark, neither shane or i backing down to the challenge, we were tired and just wanted to go home, and our driving showed that haha!

scary moment for me, just south of norsewood, 120k over a steep crested left corner in the pouring rain, to find two fat lazy possums mucking around in my lane, no time to brake but just slalom through them, clearing the road for preserving shanes 510 front lip!!

thanks to dan and pip for putting up the accommodation and hospitality for shane and me, and all you other characters for the great times and chats throughout the weekend!
ive had an absolutely epic trip away, such fantastic scenery and people, with some life changing moments that ill never ever forget. i hate it how life goes on haha!

cant wait to get back down your way again. :)
72 Datsun 1200 Wagon
86 Toyota AE85 Trueno 4AGE ITB