NZ Datsun Southern Cruise 25th and 26th of April

admin
Site Admin

NZ Datsun Southern Cruise 25th and 26th of April

Post by admin »

Sorry to everyone who received the PM more than once - seems to be a glitch with the forum software.

Destination: Lake Benmore for lunch, with Cruises hopefully Starting in the North, South, and East (please feel free to organise a cruise from the coast to complete the points of the compass)
converging on the fantastic roads of the central South Island.
This is your chance to get a cruise going from your area and be part of one of the most enjoyable Datsun Events of the year.

Lake Benmore is a beautiful spot for photos and the settled North Otago weather has not let us down yet. After lunch we cruise down the far side of Lake Aviemore, and more photos along the way.

The day will end up in Oamaru, where we will be hosted by the locals. These North Otago roads are just amazing and a joy to drive, you won't be disappointed.

Post you local cruise details and I will include them in this post, I'll kick it off with the Christchurch details.

Meet:
Robbies Yaldhust, West Coast Road. 8 till 8.15am
Meet and greet etc.

Depart: 8.15am. (probably won't wait for latecomers, just let them catch up)
First we head south via the inland scenic route to Rakaia Gorge and on to Fairlie to meet up with South Canterbury crews.

Timaru Meet:
New World Timaru 9:15 am Cruise to Fairlie to meetup with the Christchurch cruise. about 10:30

Meet:
Any cruisers wanting to meet up along the way from the West Coast, Ashburton and Timaru or points in between just add to your post where and we can make a when.
The goal is to meet with the Southern Cruise in Omarama before lunch.

Meet:
(Open to Suggestions) in Omarama (then cruise to Otematata to meet the locals (and hopefully a Dunedin Crew) and on to Lake Benmore) for lunch about 1 - 1.30, where the cruise will start in Earnest.

Evening and Sunday morning details to come: But will hopefully get some photos with the backdrop of the old town.

There are many interesting drives in the Oamaru area, there could be options for Sunday before we all cruise on home again, feel free to post your thoughts for Sunday, your idea might be the winner everyone is looking for.

This was an excellent drive last year, everyone who went raved about it, get the days sorted and join us whether you are from North, (hook up with Tony in Blenheim), South (Get a cruise organised and the details can be posted here), or central don't miss this opportunity to put home and the mundane well behind you and get out into our Awesome country.

Members Attending:
Datto_610
Tlssunny
DJZ + Gwenda
Dattodevil
Bartman + Tracey
Brnwgn
Datto_610
Datsun God
aka: Greg

Re: NZ Datsun Southern Cruise 11th & 12th April 2015

Post by Datto_610 »

Soooooooooo keen for this! Haven't managed to make this cruise yet so I'm fizzing to go! All I need is a wof (and whatever I need to pass in the unlikely event of a fail) Have plenty of comfy seats in the luxobarge so speak up if you want a ride!
tlssunny
Financial Member
aka: jesse

Post by tlssunny »

im gunna be there......
RDAP- Rakaia Datsun b310 Auto Parts
TLS- The Late Shift Restoration Services
Ivan
Datsun Nutter
aka: Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Is this run an over nighter?
Datsun 260c

https://www.facebook.com/groups/jdmridesnz/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DJZ
Datsun God

Post by DJZ »

Yup, we usually have at least one person that doesn't stay overnight, usually they leave after the BBQ, but it's a big drive home.
Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
Other Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
85_Z31
Datsun Master

Post by 85_Z31 »

50/50 if can make this in my 300zx.

4 weeks to re assemble with new cooling system and get road legal. I'm going need some help to make this one a possibility.
The Answer to your Question is NEEDS MORE VG30
datsunboy
Datsun God
aka: Dan

Post by datsunboy »

We're keen!
1969 SSS Nissan Bluebird coupe
1970 Datsun 1600 - CA18DET - Sold!
SRCooper
Committee Members

Post by SRCooper »

Ill be there with the 280zx aslong as i can get my green sticker off in time, how hard is it to find accommodation down there?
You wouldn't have that problem with a V8!!!!
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Post by classicdat »

Really hard to get accommodation. We are working on this. It may result in moving the cruise to another weekend.#just saying.
Hopefully this won't happen but if we can't sort accommodation for a large group we may need to, watch this space, your committee is on to it.
Datsuns from A to Zed
DJZ
Datsun God

Post by DJZ »

SRCooper wrote:Ill be there with the 280zx aslong as i can get my green sticker off in time, how hard is it to find accommodation down there?
Don't want to get too off topic here but what'd you get green stickered for?
Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
Other Nissan 280ZX
Project thread