Skope classic, Datsun Event? 31 Jan-2 Feb

Dattodevil
Datsun Addict
aka: Damo

Skope classic, Datsun Event? 31 Jan-2 Feb

Post by Dattodevil »

MY1200 (Aaron) is setting up a BBQ, and bar leaner for the weekend of the Skope classic around the back of Ruapuna, at the end of the main straight, he'll be putting up a Datsun Banner and would like some nice Datsun's to attend. if anyone is keen, let us know.

SKOPE
Classic
skope-classic-child

Step back in time and join us for a weekend of classic car racing, vintage fashion, hospitality, food and fun. Bring the family and watch the SKOPE race team in action with over 250 vintage, classic and historic cars as they battle it out in the annual SKOPE Classic.

Friday 31st January - Sunday 2nd February 2014

Gates open at 9.00am

This event has grown over the past twelve years of SKOPE’s sponsorship, as we work to make it the premier car racing event in the Southern Hemisphere. Visitors are encouraged to wander the outskirts of the track to gain a different perspective of the racing, see up close the diverse range of classic cars on display, meet with the owners to learn more about a cars history and keep an eye out for the SKOPE race team in action.

Held at Mike Pero Motorsport Park, just 30 minutes from the centre of Christchurch City, the 3.3-km circuit allows starting grids of up to 45 cars at a time. Our own Managing Director, Guy Stewart, and SKOPE founder Robert Stewart participate in the racing, as do other members of the extended Stewart family.

The feature event of the weekend’s motorsport programme is the Sir Robertson Stewart Grand Prix, which is contested by the faster, more powerful saloon cars across the classes. Other highlights this year include Classic Muscle cars GM Versus Ford, the return of the F5000’s, historic touring cars, Mainland Muscle and historic OSCA and Sportscars, Saloons and Single Seaters.

The weekend is not only suited to classic car enthusiasts either. This is an event for the whole family with lots of entertainment for the kids, food, prizes and vintage fashion. While you’re not required to dress up, we encourage you to come along in your favourite period style outfit, to fully immerse yourself in the nostalgic atmosphere of the 40s, 50s and 60s. Spot prizes will be awarded to those who get involved!

Now in our twelfth year of sponsoring the SKOPE Classic, we are proud to support such a prestigious, local event that has more than two decades of history.

Tickets
Weekend Pass (Early Bird) $30
Friday (Gate Sales) $10
Saturday (Gate Sales) $20
Sunday (Gate Sales) $25

Free entry for children 13 years and under with an adult

For further information on the SKOPE Classic, plus ticket information go to http://www.canterburycarclub.co.nz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
gman
Financial Member
aka: gman

Re: Skope classic, Datsun Event? 31 Jan-2 Feb

Post by gman »

Well when i crash i no the best place to do so.
DJZ
Datsun God

Post by DJZ »

I'll be out there on the Sunday.
Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
Other Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
brocky41
Financial Member
aka: Brocky

Post by brocky41 »

probs be there both mornings aye - cant wait for f5000 to destroy my eardrums for another year
MurfS12
aka: Mark

Post by MurfS12 »

ill be their on satday and sunday so keen to park the s12 their
S12 Silvia - Toy
Galant Evo 0 -Daily
my1200
Datsun Mad

Post by my1200 »

Mean, I'm there both days
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Post by classicdat »

Gutted, I'll miss it this year, first time in Years.
Heaps of pics please
Datsuns from A to Zed
my1200
Datsun Mad

Post by my1200 »

Pics a plenty