Kaikoura, very short Video posted, 1Dec 2012

classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Kaikoura, very short Video posted, 1Dec 2012

Post by classicdat »

Photos and Video posted :P
Ok so the date is set, meet: December 1st 9.30am, At Harringtons cafe and bar 808 Main North road Belfast. (where the Nationals Dinner was held) Last pub on left heading north out of Belfast.

This is one of my favourite drives, some of the best and most deserted roads for a driver!
If you can make it I encourage you to escape the Rat Race and Join the Dat Race
Attending:
James 85_Z31
Vaughan Classicdat
Garth
Bartman
joelbrown
Datto_610
Tony_Whenua

Attractions at the end are:
The Go Kart track at Kaikoura,
Baby seals at the waterfall 20km north of Kaikoura
and the scenic beauty all around.

These roads are empty, I think last time we met maybe 5-6 cars (apart from when we were on SH1) and those that went had a ball.
Post up here if you want this to happen, I have done it the past 2 years and really enjoyed it.
Check out the link not the best quality but gives you an idea of how interesting and quiet the roads are. We didn't get any footage of the Narly stuff, the co-driver wasn't up to it :P http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dro0xcB2Jjc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Previous conversation:
Hawkswood hillclimb is on the weekend of the 24th and 25th of November, great wee detour and only a couple of kms of the planned route. but also the Super Tourers are on at Ruapuna,
Keep posting your interest up, lets find a date that works.[/color]

Who is keen?
Which weekend would suit most?
This is a one day cruise, so could be a Saturday or a Sunday depending on interest.
Last edited by classicdat on Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:20 pm, edited 21 times in total.
Datsuns from A to Zed
85_Z31
Datsun Master

Re: Kaikoura Cruise, EOI Nov 2012

Post by 85_Z31 »

Very keen, Going car means attending EVERYTHING :D

If its a Saturday Clare might come, if its a Sunday it will only be Me
The Answer to your Question is NEEDS MORE VG30
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

I'm keen as a bean for this run.
Best and most fun drive ever!
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
Garth
Financial Member

Post by Garth »

I'm keen, should have my car sorted by then. A Saturday would suit me best otherwise I have to try get leave as I work Sundays
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Yeah I prefer a saturday too. I hate having a long day on a sunday. it wears me out to much for work on monday.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
joelbrown
Financial Member
aka: Joel

Post by joelbrown »

Fully keen to take the ute for another stress, i luvd that summit road on the akaroa run, these roads to kaikoura are pretty epic. Id be interested to chk out that go kart track too, i heard u cn take ur car for a skid rnd tht track,-true? Anyhow count me in as a definate contender
1990 1200 ute
classicdat
Committee Members

Post by classicdat »

That Saturday the 24th doesn't (does work for me after all and would prefer this day to go to the hill climb, edited 28 10) work for me , maybe the next one, that should be Dec 1st. What do people think of holding it the first weekend in December?
Last edited by classicdat on Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Datsuns from A to Zed
kartboy
Committee Members
aka: Hayden

Post by kartboy »

Yeah the 24th doesn't suit me either as am photographing a wedding that day, next one should be fine if i have some spare cash.
Dattodevil
Datsun Addict
aka: Damo

Post by Dattodevil »

I haven't been on this cruise yet, but as I am from Kaikoura originally, I thought I should add a request. In regards to the Go kart track; The Go kart track hasn't been maintained by the locals for a few years now, and a lot of other cruises end up there. Some cruisee's find it acceptable to perform standstills on this track and in some cases have ripped it up, so if you want to have this track available in the future, leave the burnouts to the main roads.
:burnout:
classicdat
Committee Members

Post by classicdat »

Dattodevil wrote:I haven't been on this cruise yet, but as I am from Kaikoura originally, I thought I should add a request. In regards to the Go kart track; The Go kart track hasn't been maintained by the locals for a few years now, and a lot of other cruises end up there. Some cruisee's find it acceptable to perform standstills on this track and in some cases have ripped it up, so if you want to have this track available in the future, leave the burnouts to the main roads.
:burnout:
Or a cow pad.
So as a local are you gonna come for the cruise with us?
Datsuns from A to Zed