NZ Datsun Hanmer cruise. Saturday 20th August

braasmonkey
Site Admin
aka: Braasy

Re: NZ Datsun Hanmer cruise. Saturday 20th August

Post by braasmonkey »

Bartman wrote:I'm going to start the Akaroa thread quite soon. I dunno where fielding is, but I'm sure you can meet up with some of the other folk making the pilgramage down. At this stage I'm fairly sure there will be cars coming from Cow-wa-row, (Sorry mike, I can't spell it the right way) Hawkes bay, and wellington. With a bit of luck a few more will tag along too.
I assume you meant to spell Kawarau Bart :P Would love to make it to this cruise but it's the weekend I put my new engine and gearbox in my 1200!! Grr...grumble grumble...
1972 DATSUN 1200 (B110) 4 DOOR SEDAN << Check Out My Build Thread
1972 DATSUN 240Z (S30) 2 DOOR COUPE << Check Out My Build Thread
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

If it's all good to go you could drop it in on friday night. Then use the cruise to run it in.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
braasmonkey
Site Admin

Post by braasmonkey »

Bartman wrote:If it's all good to go you could drop it in on friday night. Then use the cruise to run it in.
Still some finishing touches/parts to worry about plus panels etc. Do it once, do it right my father always told me :) Never rush 8-) Still also need to move my gearbox mounts/fabricate (I still need me some reverse lights!) so will be carting the car back to Kaiapoi half done up for measurements etc... Any mini cruises prior to Akaroa??
Mikewazowski
Financial Member
aka: Michael

Post by Mikewazowski »

braasmonkey wrote:
Bartman wrote:I'm going to start the Akaroa thread quite soon. I dunno where fielding is, but I'm sure you can meet up with some of the other folk making the pilgramage down. At this stage I'm fairly sure there will be cars coming from Cow-wa-row, (Sorry mike, I can't spell it the right way) Hawkes bay, and wellington. With a bit of luck a few more will tag along too.
I assume you meant to spell Kawarau Bart :P Would love to make it to this cruise but it's the weekend I put my new engine and gearbox in my 1200!! Grr...grumble grumble...
It's actually spelt Kawerau....although you got a damn sight closer than Bart :D

Awesome effort at phonetic spelling though Bart ;)

Once the Akaroa thread is up I'll post my plan for travelling down (where I will be on what days) so that others can meet up if they would like.
braasmonkey
Site Admin

Post by braasmonkey »

Mikewazowski wrote:
braasmonkey wrote:
It's actually spelt Kawerau....although you got a damn sight closer than Bart :D
Goddammit! Close just simply wont do, I pride myself on being right! Grr... lol
4TRUBL
Datsun Dreamer
aka: Vety

Post by 4TRUBL »

I hate to do this. especially so close to the time....
but i'm out for this one.
620 won't be going, and i can't afford to even go to the hot pools at the mo, let alone pay for gas and stay in hanmer.
i will be there in spirit tho! and it means someone else can have a go at being amazingly bruised after the after party ;)
Mikewazowski
Financial Member
aka: Michael

Post by Mikewazowski »

braasmonkey wrote: Goddammit! Close just simply wont do, I pride myself on being right! Grr... lol
I think there is a Kawarau in the South Island if that is any consolation :highfive: :lol:
braasmonkey
Site Admin

Post by braasmonkey »

Mikewazowski wrote:
braasmonkey wrote: Goddammit! Close just simply wont do, I pride myself on being right! Grr... lol
I think there is a Kawarau in the South Island if that is any consolation :highfive: :lol:
Much! I was sure there was a Kawarau somewhere, cheers for confirming (no longer has to hang head in shame).
dirtyleppa
Datsun God
aka: leppa

Post by dirtyleppa »

why dont you just catch a ride with some one else vety? pay part gas, and just hang at the house and get crunk with the people who dont go to the pools
Dattochriswagon
Datsun God

Post by Dattochriswagon »

Yeh Vety, il buy your booze. Dont worry bout gas, jump in the cherry. And im sure someone will sponser u 20 for accom. Ill missssssssss you!!!!!!!