Possible track day (chch)

classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Re: Possible track day (chch)

Post by classicdat »

I'm Keen, I'm new, and I guess no one will vouch for me, what can I do?
My car isn't warrantable either!
But I am keen, I have a race car with Log book, two seats and current belts. I'm taking a break from competition this year while I am at home with the kids. I have been an active member of the canterbury car club at Ruapuna and am still actively auditing cars for their events, if I can help make this thing fly I'd be happy to get involved. Sounds like a great opportunity.
Datsuns from A to Zed
mint16
Financial Member
aka: Brendan

Post by mint16 »

im keen as a bean.
ill have a datto in warrantable condition.
fridays would be a sweet day, end of the week, and a great start to the weekend!
this should become an nzdatsun.com official track day arrangement.
72 Datsun 1200 Wagon
86 Toyota AE85 Trueno 4AGE ITB
dirtyleppa
Datsun God
aka: leppa

Post by dirtyleppa »

now that my wags is running sweet, i actualy have horsepower to get its fat arse around the track.
classicdat wrote:I'm Keen, I'm new, and I guess no one will vouch for me, what can I do?
My car isn't warrantable either!
But I am keen, I have a race car with Log book, two seats and current belts. I'm taking a break from competition this year while I am at home with the kids. I have been an active member of the canterbury car club at Ruapuna and am still actively auditing cars for their events, if I can help make this thing fly I'd be happy to get involved. Sounds like a great opportunity.
welcome to the club man. im sure your involvement with the canty car club will help adam heaps and bounds. as far as someone vouching for you, dont be afraid to join us in any upcoming cruises, drinks or even offering to lend a hand to help someone out if needed. we are all a good bunch to get along with so i doubt you would have any problems
classicdat
Committee Members

Post by classicdat »

Sweet, I look forward to meeting you guys, when is the next cruise? From what I can see it is Labour weekend, or do you have other more regular ones? My road ride isn't together yet, hopefully in the next few weeks.
Fridays don't work for me for a track day, but other weekdays are good, over winter we might get a weekend day, but not between October and April, I wouldn't think, the track is real busy on weekends, summer especially. Would be a great way to start the week, think, going to the track instead of going to work on a monday morning, Awesome!
Yeah keen to help out if I can, be good just to meet some other Dat Suners.
Vaughan
Datsuns from A to Zed
datsunboy
Datsun God
aka: Dan

Post by datsunboy »

I think the next planned cruise is Labour weekend.....but I think we usually do a Hamner cruise at some point over winter.....cant remember when.
You could start your own cruise idea! lol

we have a lot of "impromptu" meets, where a bunch of us will just happen to visit the same person at the same time here in chch lol
1969 SSS Nissan Bluebird coupe
1970 Datsun 1600 - CA18DET - Sold!
nick_m
Datsun Master
aka: Nick m

Post by nick_m »

don't worry about having a road ride, i'd say half of us have our datsuns in pieces. The ones that don't have a datsun going just car hop.
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Actaullay, we have two cruises between now and Akaroa.

Queens birthday, and hanmer.

I think I'll start a thread in meets, which outlines the regular events.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
dirtyleppa
Datsun God
aka: leppa

Post by dirtyleppa »

as nick said, you could catch a ride with someone and be a car whore if you feel like ridin in different datsuns. i usually have a couple seats when i go on a cruise, you are more than welcome to join me
classicdat
Committee Members

Post by classicdat »

Hi Guys any progress on this one? Is there anything I can do to promote the cause?
Datsuns from A to Zed
torqued
Datsun God
aka: Adam

Post by torqued »

Was put on hold as i just had a operation.
Ill send you a detailed PM about where im at and what needs to happen later today.
"It's ok, we know what to do...we talked about this a lot on the internet."