Wellington meet?

beaver
Datsun Nutter

Re: Wellington meet?

Post by beaver »

Yeh im keen to catch up with a few more of the datsun fiends.

Garage day could work well...we tried having one on another forum Im part of and there were concerns over people brings mates that no one else could vouch for and then the garage owners not being too comfortable having randoms know what was inside their shed etc....it originated from a previous bad experience of one of the members, so is a valid concern.

I probably sound all conspiracy theory mad but I think its something worth keeping in mind. I think the way we decided to deal with it was to just deal via PM's and emails so address etc weren't public and only invited people/people who someone else knows where they live haha.

again, maybe Im just paranoid...
gingofthesouth
Site Admin
aka: Ging

Post by gingofthesouth »

beaver wrote:Yeh im keen to catch up with a few more of the datsun fiends.

Garage day could work well...we tried having one on another forum Im part of and there were concerns over people brings mates that no one else could vouch for and then the garage owners not being too comfortable having randoms know what was inside their shed etc....it originated from a previous bad experience of one of the members, so is a valid concern.

I probably sound all conspiracy theory mad but I think its something worth keeping in mind. I think the way we decided to deal with it was to just deal via PM's and emails so address etc weren't public and only invited people/people who someone else knows where they live haha.

again, maybe Im just paranoid...
Nope, I was thinking about those very things when I posted the suggestion.
The whole PM thing sounds like it could work. We could conjure up a plan in the forum, then PM addresses and have rules in place about who could and could not come.

Good ideas. Sounds like you have experience organising these things beaver :poke:
My orangatang 510 here.
beaver
Datsun Nutter

Post by beaver »

Great, I'm not the only crazy one!

I guess best place to start is people who are willing to offer there garage up for a wee tour put their name forward, with perhaps a suburb (so we can sort a route). I was thinking depending on numbers we could pile into all the road going datsuns (there should be enough...) and cruise around to those with projects?

Or just anyone who wants to show of their shed and car (project or otherwise) we can stop by them all.
gingofthesouth
Site Admin

Post by gingofthesouth »

beaver wrote:Great, I'm not the only crazy one!

I guess best place to start is people who are willing to offer there garage up for a wee tour put their name forward, with perhaps a suburb (so we can sort a route). I was thinking depending on numbers we could pile into all the road going datsuns (there should be enough...) and cruise around to those with projects?

Or just anyone who wants to show of their shed and car (project or otherwise) we can stop by them all.
Excellent. I have the worlds worst garage (the joys of grabbing the only available rental in a suburb).

Petone - 510 and 521
My orangatang 510 here.
beaver
Datsun Nutter

Post by beaver »

Classic.

Im in broadmeadows with the 120y (whihc is currently road going!)
dadams
Datsun Dreamer

Post by dadams »

Im in, have the same concerns that beaver has voiced, but again, im sure if we keep randoms that cant be vouched for out of it we should be sweet.

1200 2 door wag (mostly rust)
Johnsonville
DylPhil7
Financial Member
aka: DylPhil

Post by DylPhil7 »

Haha yeah gings garage is shit however the street has good parking and there are two undrivable datsuns there and it's only a short drive to king kiwi from gings haha
gingofthesouth
Site Admin

Post by gingofthesouth »

DylPhil7 wrote:Haha yeah gings garage is shit however the street has good parking and there are two undrivable datsuns there and it's only a short drive to king kiwi from gings haha
We will have to add yours to the list too Dildo.
My orangatang 510 here.
DylPhil7
Financial Member
aka: DylPhil

Post by DylPhil7 »

Mines not Datsun related, Infact your place will have four datsuns at it soon haha
gingofthesouth
Site Admin

Post by gingofthesouth »

DylPhil7 wrote:Mines not Datsun related, Infact your place will have four datsuns at it soon haha
Hopefully by the time the this day happens, your mini has been evicted and replaced by a Datsun!
My orangatang 510 here.