Taupo meet-labour weekend

R18dat
Regular

Re: Taupo meet-labour weekend

Post by R18dat »

Hey Team,

What's the plan? If it counts I'm keen for Taupo. Ute going in for birthday panel and paint and still trying to get the coupe ready.
Mohit are you organising a Datto convoy down.
rob240z
Datsun Dreamer

Post by rob240z »

Well I'm keen for Taupo, The reason its here on labour weekend is mostly nostalgia I think. Carmen and myself organised the first three or four and its ran here every year since apart from one. with Brendon, Brocky and Shane and Alice organising them so its pretty much a permanent event to me. I organised for us to join the Z Club for there track day here last February and I'll talk to them again about doing the same next year. There was an Auckland one organised recently and we did talk about looking at other places to try and get the north island side working better like the south island does. So if anyone wants to organise a meet somewhere else my vote would be for a different date.

Anyway if its in taupo I should have the 280 bruce will have the 1200 and I just painted gavins 1200 so that'll be there and my mate chris will have his 120y. If its somewhere else three of the cars probably wont be going. Are we going to run it like it has the last few years? meet Saturday night for dinner, cruise/poker run Sunday hit the pub for a beer and prize giving after.
71 240Z
78 810SSS
maddat1
Financial Member

Post by maddat1 »

Iam for taupo meet and if we have enough numbers than can we plan how are we going to go about this,like sat dinner night,sunday lake side meet and cruz for lunch than sunday arvo prize giving etc
Rob can you look into this and give some ideas.
As for auck convey trip so far theres 3 confirmed guys and iam still trying to convince the rest...
R18dat
Regular

Post by R18dat »

Mohit that sounds like a great plan, I will try to bring two Datto's.
If there is anything I can do to help just let me know. I have a medium size gazebo if needed and a spare beer cooler too.
510BRE
Area Reps
aka: shane

Post by 510BRE »

Hi Everyone
Yeah there is definitely going to be a cruise in Taupo Labour weekend. As has been mentioned would be great to get another one up and running but it will be up to someone else to organise that. We are keen to do the Auckland cruise on queens birthday weekend as we had good support up there and of course Taupo labour weekend but to organise any more is getting a bit much. As for the rough plan for labour weekend we were thinking of meeting up on Sat night for dinner prob some where like Breakers just cause it is easy but open to suggestions. On Sun we will met at the water front as per usual this year I think Sarah (Morgan's Partner) is going to try and organise a poker run type cruise for something a bit different with a finish point for prize giving and a beer/feed I was thinking the Crafty Trout Brewery (has anyone been there do any of you locals know what it is like?) I think this answers most questions. I will start a list so we can get some numbers for booking dinner etc
Cheers
Alice

Shane and Alice
Morgan and Sarah
Rob and Carman
Gavin
Bruce and Sandra
Chris and Nikki
Lincoln and Karen
Mohit
Rony
Ardi
Chris?
Last edited by 510BRE on Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:56 am, edited 4 times in total.
1972 r/h drive 2dr P510 sedan 98 sr20det in the build
1969 l/h drive 2dr PL510 sedan bre look alike
1972 r/h drive 4dr P510 sedan pretty standard
R18dat
Regular

Post by R18dat »

All sounds like a great plan Alice, book myself and Karen in.
nzdatman
Financial Member

Post by nzdatman »

All sounds good Alice.
rob240z
Datsun Dreamer

Post by rob240z »

Sounds good to me as well, Haven't been to the crafty trout but have wanted to go for awhile. I'll ask around for numbers for dinner
71 240Z
78 810SSS
510BRE
Area Reps
aka: shane

Post by 510BRE »

Great thanks Rob
1972 r/h drive 2dr P510 sedan 98 sr20det in the build
1969 l/h drive 2dr PL510 sedan bre look alike
1972 r/h drive 4dr P510 sedan pretty standard
rob240z
Datsun Dreamer

Post by rob240z »

Looks like breakers has closed as of last week, Maybe we could look at BBQ master its close to town plenty of parking and meant to be priced pretty good. wouldn't be my first choice but cant really think of any thing else that's not to pricey. lonestar maybe? Dixie Browns was nice and pretty cheap but parking is hard to find around them.

anyway for dinner
Me and Carmen
Bruce and Sandra
Denis and Amber
Chris and Nikki (maybe will confirm closer to time)
Lincoln and Karen
Mohit
Rony
Ardi
Shane and Alice +2
Last edited by rob240z on Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
71 240Z
78 810SSS