Queens Birthday cruise North Island in auckland

classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Re: Queens Birthday cruise North Island in auckland

Post by classicdat »

Awesome guys, great to see the pics, looks like a good turn out and cruise. Well Done.
Datsuns from A to Zed
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Good shit dudes!
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
maddat1
Financial Member

Post by maddat1 »

Thanks too Shane and Alice for initially putting up the idea of queen's bday datsun meet in auck.
Also to all the datsun family who made it to the meet.wonderful people,nice lunch and awesome trip to muriwai beach.
Next is Taupo meet in October.Guys lets get together and make this a big one.
cheers
mohit
kartboy
Committee Members
aka: Hayden

Post by kartboy »

Cheers to Morgan and Shane for picking me up on Saturday night and taking me around the streets of Auckland. Was a good night and really good to put a couple more faces to names. Will get some photos up soon hopefully if they turned out ok.

So gutted couldn't make it on Sunday
rob240z
Datsun Dreamer

Post by rob240z »

Cool, looks like you guys had a good turn out. Wish i could have made it but theres alway next year.
71 240Z
78 810SSS
nzdatman
Financial Member

Post by nzdatman »

Awesome weekend. We all had a ball even sarah who's not really into cars at all.
Thanks to everyone that showed up, was great to make some good new people, and check out some nice dattos at the same time.
Huge thanks to Shane and Alice for organising the weekends activities, the whole weekend was excellent start to finish. Loved the hallertau brewery, could have stayed there all afternoon quite easily!
Need more time for motat next time but was still worth it to have a quick look around, my little fella and Shane's two had a blast there too.
It was also my first cruise that I attended in my own datsun so that was a big plus. Just finished slapping it together in the weeks before the trip, and only getting a wof on the Friday afternoon beforehand I wasn't sure it would even make it, and was running a bit rough to begin with, especially in Auckland traffic. But after a 10min tune of the carbies on Sunday morning it transformed the thing and it was a pleasure to drive after that. Thanks to Shane's dad for use of his workshop too.
Bring on the next one!
pl510
Datsun Driver
aka: Shannon

Post by pl510 »

Steph and I had a great time too, was a shame we couldn't spend more time on the cruise but what we did do was a lot of fun

nice to catch up with you guys and nice to meet those of you we haven't met before, looking forward to the next one!

Couple of pics off my phone here, forgot to bring my camera but hopefully can also get a couple of stills off the gopro!

510BRE
Area Reps
aka: shane

Post by 510BRE »

Hi Everyone
Wow thanks to everyone for your support in this cruise it made for a really great time to be had by all. It was great to meet new friends, catch up with the old friends and enjoy good beer and food though it was hard to leave the pub and remember I was driving!!!!! Nice to see a good line up of cars. If you have got photos please feel free to share them here would be great to see what everyone else's pic turned out like Shane will get some up at some stage. Thanks to everyone who helped spread the word also. Look forward to seeing you all at Taupo Labour weekend please tell all your mates with Datto's the more the merrier. Will get a new thread started for that event at some stage so watch this space!!!
Cheers
Alice
1972 r/h drive 2dr P510 sedan 98 sr20det in the build
1969 l/h drive 2dr PL510 sedan bre look alike
1972 r/h drive 4dr P510 sedan pretty standard
510BRE
Area Reps
aka: shane

Post by 510BRE »

1972 r/h drive 2dr P510 sedan 98 sr20det in the build
1969 l/h drive 2dr PL510 sedan bre look alike
1972 r/h drive 4dr P510 sedan pretty standard
gingofthesouth
Site Admin
aka: Ging

Post by gingofthesouth »

Um..., whose car is this??

Those rims/hub caps or whatever they are, are what I was thinking for my car (since I can not afford star sharks). But with larger white walls.

My inspiration was this:

Any info on the rims etc?
My orangatang 510 here.