What do people want in a NI cruise/meet?

What do you want the North Island cruise to be?

Same as usual, Labour weekend, based in Taupo.
9%
Let's just have our meet at Nizfest!
27%
Let's have our own event, but not at Taupo or not at Labour weekend.
64%

Total votes: 11

gingofthesouth
Site Admin
aka: Ging

Re: What do people want in a NI cruise/meet?

Post by gingofthesouth »

I voted even though I am in the south island, as I may be in Auckland still when Nizfest is on and will come along.
I am still tossing up between kiwicon.org (last years http://2010.kiwicon.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) and NIsfest, on the same weekend!
My orangatang 510 here.
Mikewazowski
Financial Member
aka: Michael

Post by Mikewazowski »

vegie wrote: yeah, like i said, north islanders are hard to get to commit to much :lol:
This is probably because most/all of the North Islanders who do commit to things have already committed to going to Akaroa :lol:
nzdatman
Financial Member

Post by nzdatman »

Mikewazowski wrote:
vegie wrote: yeah, like i said, north islanders are hard to get to commit to much :lol:
This is probably because most/all of the North Islanders who do commit to things have already committed to going to Akaroa :lol:
maybe that should be "most/all of the North Islanders who give their first priority to datsun cruises at labour weekend have already committed to going to Akaroa"

I definitely commit to things, usually in the order of family, work, motorracing, house DIY, datsuns. I admire the commitment of the guys going to Akaroa, I'd like to think I'll get there myself one day. But like myself, a lot of the northerners I know, although they love their datsuns, have other commitments further up the list.
Just trying to bring a bit of perspective to it, the fact that there was a pretty good turnout at nizfest last year indicates to me the northerners are still keen to do stuff datto related, but you have to juggle everything. Good on you guys that live and breathe it but don't say that the rest of us don't commit to things.
Have fun at Akaroa!
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Fair call Morgan.
I'd be the first to admit I've not gone to events because they're too far away/cost too much/other stuff that needs doing. But after going to the OS nats earlier this year, I could never miss that again. I like to think that Akaroa is that kind of event too.
I really want to see datsun type events in the north island fall into that same catagory too. Maybe a hoard of southern datsun fiends need to hit Nizfest some time, and ratchet things up.
After my trip away in May, I have a completely new repsect to anyone who travels far and wide to a meet.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
datsunboy
Datsun God
aka: Dan

Post by datsunboy »

nzdatman wrote:I definitely commit to things, usually in the order of family, work, motorracing, house DIY, datsuns. I admire the commitment of the guys going to Akaroa, I'd like to think I'll get there myself one day. But like myself, a lot of the northerners I know, although they love their datsuns, have other commitments further up the list.
fair point indeed, but it kinda makes it sound like you're saying that southerners don't have the same commitments?
Most of us have houses to mortgage (and some to rennovate), families and a few that do motor racing too.
1969 SSS Nissan Bluebird coupe
1970 Datsun 1600 - CA18DET - Sold!
Mikewazowski
Financial Member

Post by Mikewazowski »

Yes, feel free to replace the word "things" in my comment above with "meets" or "datsun events". I guess I just assumed that people would make the connection.

I think it is probably safe to say that most people who attend Akaroa still put the really important things first (family, etc).
nzdatman
Financial Member

Post by nzdatman »

Not meaning to sound like you other guys don't have other commitments. I've just had a bit of a rough week and bit at something I normally wouldn't have.
7 or 8 years ago when my personal situation was different I would be keen as for Akaroa. I still kick myself for not going to the SFOS meets! My goal for when the 1600 is done is a bit of a south island roadtrip with my partner and our boy. I hope I can tie it in with the Akaroa meet!
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

See you then Morgan. :thumbsup:
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
Mikewazowski
Financial Member

Post by Mikewazowski »

Bartman wrote:See you then Morgan. :thumbsup:
x2 :thumbsup:
gumboots

Post by gumboots »

hey im from matamata and have 1200 sedan and like to go for long drives and have gsoh and a ns with pets........enough of the sh!t keen as mustard for a meet before nizfest too if anyone is keen txt or ring 0272008400