Nissan-Datsun Nationals - Hampton Downs - 20th Nov '10

vegie
Datsun Dreamer

Nissan-Datsun Nationals - Hampton Downs - 20th Nov '10

Post by vegie »

not mine, but reposting from the "other forum" for interested parties...

http://www.nizfest.co.nz/

this is the new website up for the event.
Hi again guys

We have been working away at planing this & setting up various things to make it all happen.

Just for now I will concentrate on the track side of things for those who are keen.

What we have done is divided the day in to two sessions, a morning & (obviously) an afternoon session.
Each will have three groups of 16 cars, each group will go out on the track for ten minutes at a time.
(We have kept it down to ten minutes as we don't want people frying brakes & tyres etc.)
In doing this we have given up to 96 people the chance to get their car out on the track & have some fun
Each car should see around an hour of track time - a fair bit of work for most cars.

Cost is $90 per car, there may be a chance to buy the other session closer to the event if there are spots available but for now at least you have to pick either morn or arvo. We are looking in to running a twilight session through till around 7PM so there may be some more time up for grabs for the super keen

At this stage we are very close to having some web pages all set up n running with more information & payment details etc.
If you just can't wait & want to register right away please just fire me a pm or email (nizfest2010@yahoo.co.nz)

Thanks guys
Glenn.

EDIT: oh & please feel free to spread the word to other Nissan/Datsun forums
gingofthesouth
Site Admin
aka: Ging

Re: Nissan-Datsun Nationals - Hampton Downs - 20th Nov '10

Post by gingofthesouth »

That event would be boss! However i get married on the 19th (also my 30th birthday) and we wouldn't get off sneaking away like that. Next weekend is KiwiCon (https://www.kiwicon.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) which we are going to before going to Rarotonga for a couple weeks.

LOVE to go play in the GTR's
My orangatang 510 here.
acustx
Datsun Dreamer
aka: Greg

Post by acustx »

We need club hoodies/shirts for this event!!! :highfive:
69' 510 Show car (well will be when its finished)
classicdat wrote:Steady progress beats periods of rapid progress broken up by dicussions with members of local Law inforcement :D
MR1200
Datsun Nutter

Post by MR1200 »

woohooo thats my birfday pest present eva i will make sure the utes finshed :burnout:
PAINT THE ROADS BLACK !!!!!
acustx
Datsun Dreamer

Post by acustx »

MR1200 wrote:woohooo thats my birfday pest present eva i will make sure the utes finshed :burnout:
Pull out all the stops :deadhorse:
classicdat wrote:Steady progress beats periods of rapid progress broken up by dicussions with members of local Law inforcement :D
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

acustx wrote:We need club hoodies/shirts for this event!!! :highfive:
The current batch of hoodies should have well and truly reached their owners by then.
Going by the noises people are making I'd say theres a better than average chance that some more tee shirts will be getting whipped up too.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
acustx
Datsun Dreamer

Post by acustx »

SOunds good Bart, count me in!
Lulu
Datsun Driver
aka: Lucinda

Post by Lulu »

I would be soooo keen if others were keen to road trip it up???

I wouldn't put her on the track but the website says something about show n shine/ and factory spec datsuns...Hopefully I could make that happen :lol:
510BRE
Area Reps
aka: shane

Post by 510BRE »

i could be keen to go to this but im off the same opinion as lulu i just want to show the car not go on track ....and iff you southerners do decide to do this event there is a camping ground in auckland avondale that i have family connection with and will be staying there my self if any one becomes interested let me know
1972 r/h drive 2dr P510 sedan 98 sr20det in the build
1969 l/h drive 2dr PL510 sedan bre look alike
1972 r/h drive 4dr P510 sedan pretty standard
Lulu
Datsun Driver
aka: Lucinda

Post by Lulu »

Shane I think you should so I'm not a loner cause I'm so keen for this...If I do it properly I'll be swinging via hastings to see some of my relations too so if it was timed right we could convoy togeths?

Would it be better staying in Auckland or Hamilton? It's between the two right?