B110 Solid Spherical Bearing Top Hats With Nuts

Sell stuff
b110sss
Datsun Dreamer

B110 Solid Spherical Bearing Top Hats With Nuts

Post by b110sss »

These were custom built for me for the SSS some years ago by Paul Hatton- now part owner of Possum Bourne Rallysport. this guy is a legend when it comes to motorsport fabrication.
They are offset for caster and camber and with an adjustable bottom arm were good for 3.5 degrees of negative camber and 3.75 positive caster.
Beautifully built and very solid.
$180
Cheers
Dave
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
_smp_
Regular

Re: B110 Solid Spherical Bearing Top Hats With Nuts

Post by _smp_ »

I could be keen for these.
Do you think they can be certifiable for road?

Cheers
Looking for a 510 at the mo

lost loves
1x KB110 - recently gone to a good home
2x P510 Deluxe
1x P510 SSS
1x P510 Wagon
b110sss
Datsun Dreamer

Post by b110sss »

Certification not quite my area of expertise but what I can tell you is that they were on my car for a long time and it has always had a current WOF. It is only within the last 6 months that I have changed them.
Might pay to check though.
Cheers
Dave
Flauski
Financial Member

Post by Flauski »

3.5 degrees of negative camber is a hell of a lot, it will eat tyres and is not suitable for the road at all.

Current cert requirements mean that it must not have more than half a degree more than vehicles factory specs. 1 degree of positive camber is an average factory car setting for cars from the 1970s.

Correct me if I am wrong Greg but is that not why your car has been held up for cert? Too much camber (which was only at -2 degrees)?
Datto_610
Datsun God
aka: Greg

Post by Datto_610 »

Yeah but that was in rear of mine. Still battling.... no issues with the front camber and I've got adjustable camber plates with only -0.8 (L) and -0.5(R) on the front. My main issue with cert is the rear end squatting under acceleration and something hitting. Sorry if hijacking thread Dave
b110sss
Datsun Dreamer

Post by b110sss »

Actually 3.5 degrees is not enough for the race track - I am now running over 4 but just by putting these top hats in alone will give you nothing like that at all- 90% comes from the adjustable rod ends in the bottom arms.
Incidently even with that amount of negative camber its never been that hard on the inside of the fronts- probably due to the car being so light.
Cheers
Dave
_smp_
Regular

Post by _smp_ »

can these be used with the standard LCAs and if so, what camber & castor numbers?

cheers
Looking for a 510 at the mo

lost loves
1x KB110 - recently gone to a good home
2x P510 Deluxe
1x P510 SSS
1x P510 Wagon
b110sss
Datsun Dreamer

Post by b110sss »

Standard lca's-I assume that you are referring to the lower bottom arms, if so yes of course. I always ran a KYB strut insert that I had the very top of the shaft machined flat so as to be able to hold it from turning while the top nuts were tightened up.
What caster/ camber increases just putting these in alone would make I really would be guessing but I would think maybe an extra .25-.5 of a degree ( absolute max)
I also have a set of cut down Hillman Avenger rear springs and top retaining hats to fit available if interested. This will give the same ride height as what you see in the picture I posted up of the SSS at the Ruapuna track day. The springs have been rated to 220 lb and work very well in the 1200 and the whole combination would be a great starting point if you were looking to use the car in any form of motorsport.
Cheers
Dave