Introduce Yourself Here

The go to place for all things popular
Tony_Whenua
Financial Member

Re: Introduce Yourself Here

Post by Tony_Whenua »

DK 1200 wrote:Thanks also to Luke and Warrick for helping me swap them over in Luke's drive
See now that's why I love this club! :highfive:
Welcome to the gang Dean.
"Dude you're like 30 degrees retarded" - Chris_g1 & 2 Doors
Datty180b

Post by Datty180b »

Hello Everybody

as of last year I purchased myself a stunning p610 180b Datsun from somebody who has been posting on here for a while, and needed to get rid of the beast due to family/financial stuffs.
So now I am a proud owner of a 180b!!! I love to drive her when its sunny of course to let her chrome shine and her pearly white color radiate :D

Looking forward to the next Auckland meet up!! :dance:
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Congrats on your purchase, and WELCOME!
Start a build thread too!
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
Otodat
Datsun Driver
aka: Steve

Post by Otodat »

Hey all I'm Steve,
I am a tractor driver from otorohanga in the waikato where i live with my wife and three kids. Currently have a 72 datsun 1200 sedan in the shed and a 87 nissan president. I have had the 1200 for a while, it is fairly stock but a bit rough, it has been my daily run around untill about 18 months to two years ago when a suv backed into the drivers side at a car park, bending the back door and breaking the window so was unable to get a wof next time it went in. Since then I have got a replacement window and taken the major bend out of the door but found a bit of rust showing through in places so decided to attend to that before getting it out on the road again.

I came across this site when trying to track down a window and have been looking back in ever since so thought i might as well join in. I am not very computer literate so it taken a while to get this far. It's great to see the outstanding work people are doing with there cars here and there is good technical information as well, so I would like to say thanks to the folks who got this going and maintain it. When the hamilton cruise was on earlier in the year I stalked the group down at lake ngaroto and was blown away by the amount of datsuns there and the amazing condition of them, it was great to see and gave me the aim to get my beat up rust bucket to one of these events.

Previous cars i have had, my first vehicle was an ex plumbers datsun vanete then a 140j sedan, 180b sedan, another vanete, 65 bluebird sedan briefly, 180b wagon and a few non datsun cars inbetween. My favorite was the 140j, brought it for $150 with a poked motor and stuffed a L20 straight in, it was a fun little car but I was young and predictably it ended up totaled. My plans for the 1200 are to maintain it and keep it in the honest condition it is, it's not flash but plenty of fun.

so that's my life story, thanks for reading.
brocky41
Financial Member
aka: Brocky

Post by brocky41 »

Welcome Steve - have you got any pics of the President - love all the BIG datsuns/nissans
Otodat
Datsun Driver

Post by Otodat »

Hopefully this works
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Very Cool!
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Very Cool! :highfive:
160JSSSfan

Post by 160JSSSfan »

Introduction time.
Hi All. My my name is Steve and I live in rolleston and have just purchased a 160JSSS 1973 coupe to restore wight my daughter. Not a bad car but missing a few parts.
Will post some pics when I get it home in a month or two.

Cheers

Steve
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Post by classicdat »

Welcome Steve, I am guessing this will be a 710, Great wee cars, we look forward to seeing you at some of the meet ups, come to MacDonalds Riccarton for Brekky on the 2nd, would be good to meet you.
Do you think you will be running by Labour weekend? We are planning an epic cruise to Taupo if you are up for it.
Look forward to seeing progress on this one. You should find some good encouragement and motivation on here, don't be scared to ask for assistance.
Datsuns from A to Zed