Introduce Yourself Here

The go to place for all things popular
Otodat
Datsun Driver
aka: Steve

Re: Introduce Yourself Here

Post by Otodat »

Hey Leo, names Steve, I live in the Waikato and have two functioning arms if you are in need. I take it your b310 is a coupe then?
Paulyd
aka: Pauly

Post by Paulyd »

Kia ora,

I'm a kiwi dude doing a L28et swap into an HR30 skyline, curios to know how active this forum is. Been building this thing on off for a 5 years now, located Hamilton nz.
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

traffic a little slow on here these days to be honest, facebook nzdatsun club seems to have more traffic, we have our regulars who pop in here often though so post up in the members rides section and add some pics for us to drool over, if you want to take things a step further there is info on here regarding joining the official club, which gets you discounts on insurance and a handy bottle opener with the club logo on it.
Otodat
Datsun Driver
aka: Steve

Post by Otodat »

Hey Pauly, seems like there is a bit of interest in Waikato for datsuns/early nissans just lately but yeah put some pics up mate. :)
DATSN1200
Regular

Post by DATSN1200 »

Just joined up
Have one family owner Datsun 1200 in concourse condtion
Hope to meet like minded people in Ohakune at Labour Weekend
Anyone needing accommodation still ?
Contact Charlotte on 0212796119 The Clyde // Hotel // 66 - 68 Clyde Street Ohakune
Currently 10 rooms available with different options for anyone interested
Free Breakfast included
Cheers
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Post by classicdat »

Hey Datsn1200, sorry not sure of your name, but welcome aboard, look forward to meeting you at the nats and Drouling over the 1200. Are you wanting to link up and cruise through with us mainlanders?
Vaughan
Datsuns from A to Zed
mike bracken
aka: Znut

Post by mike bracken »

Hi all,

I'm Mikey B in New Plymouth, and only found out about this website today, although i have owned Zs for a number of years.

I am a member of the Z club in AK, but being so far away, have not got involved in any of their activities for one reason or another and find the web site not that intuitive for me?

I haven't been out in my Zs much lately too busy working etc, but am having some time off work for the next few months, so am planning on changing that scenario.

Always keen to talk to other Z fans, and i collect any Z memorabilia? as most of us probaly do. I have some unusual pieces.

I have bought a bunch of Z stuff on TM, so its likely I know some of you already? I don't sell much, lol.

Although I have a 350 Z for sale at the moment so may list it on here when I figure out how to? Its currenly on TM, only selling it as we reducing our private on road car numbers.

I've got no idea who will see this post? but if anyone wants to contact me or whatever, my email address is doolallylfarm@xtra.co.nz.

Cheers
Mikey B
Datto_610
Datsun God
aka: Greg

Post by Datto_610 »

Welcome aboard Mike!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Post by classicdat »

Hey Mike welcome to the sight. I am a Zed nut too, I was all keen on getting involved in the Zed club but unfortunately go sucked into this site and have never looked back. The guys on here are awesome, just love Datsuns and enjoy connecting with others with the same interest. At Labour weekend we have the Nats up your way, I know Ohakune is not just around the corner, but from where I stand it is pretty close.
This year we are celebrating another Datsun from the era the Zed got it's start, the 510 1600, which is 50 this year. All the best making the most of the time off, enjoy your Zed(s) and it would be great to meet you at the Nats, (unfortunately my Zed won't be making the trip this year, the whole family want to come).
Vaughan
Christchurch
Datsuns from A to Zed
Nzdatsports

Post by Nzdatsports »

Hi , Andrew from Nelson .
just like to introduce my self as a long time p610 180b owner .(it's about time)
This car has been with me for most of my life . and I would not sell it for the world .
i've had her for 29 years and counting , bought it at 14 , you can do the math's .definitely most my life .
its been a solid car . its been great fun , a good daily in my youth , also a fun rally car---but then the regret .
which then made it in to my long term money pit .

i started working on it as a project about 20 years ago restored it with side projects , got it back on the road 15 years ago with a track sort of orientation took a lot of time work blood sweat and dollars . then daily'ed it for a few more years ,it became challenge to keep maintained with other projects .
i made it a turbo project and bought a luxury daily to soak up the wear and tear .
i Had built the l18 as far as i could ,"ballanced. forged .10.5;1 compesson ,big ports and valves ,cnc flywheel,and a gnarly cam ,firstly dellorto's then plenum EFI set up . so a lot of trial none was error.
it went great , then daily'ed it again .
a couple of years later i turbo'ed it with a T3T4 , 10psi on 10.5;1 . it was crazy.
its been like that for 6-7 years .held together well .

i'm now in the process of giving the car a fresh up . new computer . fresh engine .bit of body work
removed the turbo for now mainly as a preservation factor. and also to give some 45mm ITB's a go !
i think this will sound insane . sure it wont be such the kick in the back, but still cant wait .

for now heres a link of the car on the dyno a few years ago .
regards Andy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiCBbHNpYDQ