Introduce Yourself Here

The go to place for all things popular
160JSSSfan
aka: Steve

Re: Introduce Yourself Here

Post by 160JSSSfan »

Hi Classicdat.
Yep 710.
Major project though so it will be a while before it hits the road again. Been off road for over 20 years.
No motor or box so going with a SR20DE and 5 speed.
Missing bumpers and Rh guard and grill so will need to try and hunt these up.
A lot of gge stuff on here seems quite old. Has it migrated to fb or something?
Will make a point of going to mcdonalds next weekend to have a look.
Used to cruise around in a 120ysss back in mid thru late 80s then had a few others but nothing of note.
Wife has a 60 impala and I also have a 61 impala project but looking forward to the sss

Steve
kartboy
Committee Members
aka: Hayden

Post by kartboy »

Welcome Steve.

Looks to be a few Datsuns starting to hide here in Rolleston.
Give me a shout sometime and I'll pop over for a look. Or pop round here for a look at my 1200.
160JSSSfan
aka: Steve

Post by 160JSSSfan »

Hi Hayden.
Would like to do that. Got to get rid of an old 38 Ford pickup that I have restored prior to dragging the 160 home.
Are you going to the breakfast on the 2nd?

Is your 1200 on the road?

Steve
kartboy
Committee Members
aka: Hayden

Post by kartboy »

160JSSSfan wrote:Hi Hayden.
Would like to do that. Got to get rid of an old 38 Ford pickup that I have restored prior to dragging the 160 home.
Are you going to the breakfast on the 2nd?

Is your 1200 on the road?

Steve
Hi Steve

Yeah I am planning on going to the breakfast and no the coupe isn't on the road yet, hoping to be by mid year though. flick me a message sometime and come have a beer/coffee and talk some shit.
Hkwood

Post by Hkwood »

Hello everyone, I'm Hayden.

I've been a memeber of this forum for a little while, but I've never posted or commented ever.
I'm currently the proud owner of an 81 b310 coupe and a 71 1200 coupe, both of which aren't running.
The b310 coupe i bought as a bare shell for $300 and I've slowly getting her ready for the track. I intend to make her look like the old ts-cup cars.

Thtat's about it.

thank you,
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Post by classicdat »

Welcome Hayden. I like the sound of you plans for the 310, they are a cool car, is it Round or Oblong Headlight front? What engine are you going to run? A Series are the Biz! love to rev, sound fantastic and last forever, (IMHO)
I look forward to a build thread and hearing how Progress is going.

How far away is the 1200 from being on the road? Hopefully we will have some South Islanders cruising up your way at Labour Weekend, it would at least be good to meet up, But ever better if you can join us. What are the plans and what needs to be done?

Vaughan
Datsuns from A to Zed
Hkwood

Post by Hkwood »

classicdat wrote:Welcome Hayden. I like the sound of you plans for the 310, they are a cool car, is it Round or Oblong Headlight front? What engine are you going to run? A Series are the Biz! love to rev, sound fantastic and last forever, (IMHO)
I look forward to a build thread and hearing how Progress is going.

How far away is the 1200 from being on the road? Hopefully we will have some South Islanders cruising up your way at Labour Weekend, it would at least be good to meet up, But ever better if you can join us. What are the plans and what needs to be done?

Vaughan

It's a square headlight coupe. I've just chucked together my a15 with a cam gifted from my stepdad Wayne. The 1200 hasn't been touched since I bought it. She has a bit of rust, all in the usual spots and a few botched dent repairs from the previous owners. The engine should turn over, although I haven't tried in while.
My main focus at this stage is the B310, which is amazingly almost rust free. Who knew it were possible...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
classicdat
Committee Members

Post by classicdat »

Good on ya Mate. Is step dad from Timaru??
There is a certain Wayne from there who knows a thing or two about Datsun A Series.
Datsuns from A to Zed
Hkwood

Post by Hkwood »

classicdat wrote:Good on ya Mate. Is step dad from Timaru??
There is a certain Wayne from there who knows a thing or two about Datsun A Series.
Nope, he's from here in Wellington. Used to race a left hand drive 1200 with a 12a rota. We have 5 Dattos between us I think.
classicdat
Committee Members

Post by classicdat »

Hkwood wrote:
classicdat wrote:Good on ya Mate. Is step dad from Timaru??
Nope, he's from here in Wellington. Used to race a left hand drive 1200 with a 12a rota. We have 5 Dattos between us I think.
Awesome, would be good to make your acquaintance, even if you don't travel on through to the Nats, although surely with 5 cars you guys can get one running and Join in
Datsuns from A to Zed