Ye olde great Datsun photo thread

The go to place for all things popular
DylPhil7
Financial Member
aka: DylPhil

Re: The NEW Great DATSUN Photo Thread!

Post by DylPhil7 »

Check This Out!

"this little coupe is on the record doing a quarter mile in 11.46 seconds, reaching speeds of 114 miles per hour—a world record."
Video: http://www.opb.org/programs/ofg/segments/view/1686" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Full Story: http://www.treehugger.com/files/2009/01 ... -video.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Chur
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

I'm prepared to wager that if you took that exact same car and spent on it what he's spent on batteries computers and the electric motors, on a gasoline engine then it'd go faster.

If they ever get smarter battery technology, then electric would be the way to go. All this climate change bullshit going around at the moment makes me ill. If they really gave a shit then they'd invest all the money that they are squandering at the moment by shifting deck chairs on the titanic, in getting the boffins to develop better batteries. There is unlimited free energy on this planet, we just don't have an efficient means to store it yet. :roll:
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
dirtyleppa
Datsun God
aka: leppa

Post by dirtyleppa »

its a cool little car, but as bart says, the internal combustion engine rules all. i would like to see that spend a whole day down at the drags and see how long it lasts.

and you cant turbo or supercharge the stupid thing so thats a bid fail in my book
mint16
Financial Member
aka: Brendan

Post by mint16 »

man i want a 140j violet wagon!!! 8-)
72 Datsun 1200 Wagon
86 Toyota AE85 Trueno 4AGE ITB
torqued
Datsun God
aka: Adam

Post by torqued »

your so narrow minded bart
"It's ok, we know what to do...we talked about this a lot on the internet."
dirtyleppa
Datsun God
aka: leppa

Post by dirtyleppa »

Dattodevil
Datsun Addict
aka: Damo

Post by Dattodevil »

Bartman wrote:I'm prepared to wager that if you took that exact same car and spent on it what he's spent on batteries computers and the electric motors, on a gasoline engine then it'd go faster.

If they ever get smarter battery technology, then electric would be the way to go. All this climate change bullshit going around at the moment makes me ill. If they really gave a shit then they'd invest all the money that they are squandering at the moment by shifting deck chairs on the titanic, in getting the boffins to develop better batteries. There is unlimited free energy on this planet, we just don't have an efficient means to store it yet. :roll:

The biggest issue is the precious metals that are required to make the electric motors, are scarce and expensive to mine.
DylPhil7
Financial Member
aka: DylPhil

Post by DylPhil7 »

even so its still BADASS! a lil datsun slammed a corvette c6!
Dattodevil
Datsun Addict
aka: Damo

Post by Dattodevil »

:agree:
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Dattodevil wrote:The biggest issue is the precious metals that are required to make the electric motors, are scarce and expensive to mine.
That may be true, but there are already zillions of electric motors out there. The limitation lies in the batteries. Plus when the batteries currently being used are worn out, they become toxic waste.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............