Introduce Yourself Here

The go to place for all things popular
roddsteel18
aka: Dave

Re: Introduce Yourself Here

Post by roddsteel18 »

Hi everyone,
I'm Dave, I'm 38 and I recently got a Datsun I have been dreaming about owning since I was a wee fella. It's an '83 280ZX, I really wanted a 240Z but good luck finding one of those these days.
I had an '83 Datsun Pulsar once in 1999/2000 but it was a heap of crud, It refused to start on cold mornings and needed a jump start, luckily I lived across the road from auto electric city in Hornby and they'd let me use their jumper pack.
This particular Datsun 280ZX has the removable T tops, an RB25DET engine and gearbox, fat BBS mags and a whammy bar.
I'd like to remove the rear bumper and install some bolt on flared guards and lift it up about 20 - 30mm, it's way too low for this old geezer and his dicky knee. I am also contemplating a rear spoiler but I don't know.
What do you guys reckon about spoilers?
I'll post some pics once I get them onto my PC.
luke
Datsun Addict

Post by luke »

welcome!

would i be correct in guesing you bought ashers zx?
1972 1200 coupe KB110
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Post by classicdat »

Congratulations Dave on your purchase.
We have a Dyno Day in the planning stages n Christchurch so keen an eye out for that, there should be a thread up here soon(ish) and it will on our FaceBook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/1556088 ... p_activity
Will be great to see you and this awesome sounding car at a few events.
Don't miss the Nationals at Labour Weekend, they are in Hanmer this year. http://www.nzdatsun.com/forums/viewtopi ... =12&t=8806

I look forward to meeting you soon Dave.
Vaughan
Datsuns from A to Zed
roddsteel18
aka: Dave

Post by roddsteel18 »

luke wrote:welcome!

would i be correct in guesing you bought ashers zx?

Yes I did, He's done a great job on it so far, I am going to finish it off with a tidy refurbished interior and keep it forever.
"You can't play the game of life with sweaty palms"
jono bridge

Post by jono bridge »

Hi im Jonathan and three years ago i bought a Nissan Vanette ,made in 2008 , its pretty tidy Auto, had to change a head light bulb and could not find any information at all , not even the MIGHTY GOOGLE or youtube , had to pay an auto sparkie , i thought that he would know ,but he did not, even his work mates knew , its a cool van, perfect to carry telescopes and hopefully a Dalek, Cheers
jono bridge

Post by jono bridge »

Hi im Jonathan and three years ago i bought a Nissan Vanette ,made in 2008 , its pretty tidy Auto, had to change a head light bulb and could not find any information at all , not even the MIGHTY GOOGLE or youtube , had to pay an auto sparkie , i thought that he would know ,but he did not, even his work mates knew , its a cool van, perfect to carry telescopes and hopefully a Dalek, Cheers
braasmonkey
Site Admin
aka: Braasy

Post by braasmonkey »

jono bridge wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:15 am Hi im Jonathan and three years ago i bought a Nissan Vanette ,made in 2008 , its pretty tidy Auto, had to change a head light bulb and could not find any information at all , not even the MIGHTY GOOGLE or youtube , had to pay an auto sparkie , i thought that he would know ,but he did not, even his work mates knew , its a cool van, perfect to carry telescopes and hopefully a Dalek, Cheers
Hey Jono; welcome to the forums!

Keep an eye out for any Auckland/North Island events, as I'm sure the guys will be happy to have you along :)

Feel free to post up some pics and/or create a build thread to see how tidy the Vanette is, and how many telescopes and/or Dalek's fit ;)

Regards,

Nick aka Braasy
1972 DATSUN 1200 (B110) 4 DOOR SEDAN << Check Out My Build Thread
1972 DATSUN 240Z (S30) 2 DOOR COUPE << Check Out My Build Thread
mike260c
aka: mike260c

Post by mike260c »

Hi I'm Michael.
I have owned the attached 1979 Datsun 260C for over 10 years (I forget how many). The car is very original.
I've driven the car throughout the South Island. Over Christmas break I drove down to Wangaroa/ Okarito which was nice. The car performed great.
I'm joining the club to source parts, meet people etc.
Parts I'm currently looking for are windscreen wiper arm and blade (I drove back to Christchurch from Southland with the blade tied to the arm with string and it's had a non original wiper ever since so it would be nice to have an original one.my mechanic thought it was very funny to have the car tied together with string, but it worked. Also a front passenger electric window motor.
P1160765.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nyntari

Post by Nyntari »

Hi, I'm David from Nelson.
I enjoy cars and i'm a big fan of Datsun.
kartboy
Committee Members
aka: Hayden

Post by kartboy »

Nyntari wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:43 am Hi, I'm David from Nelson.
I enjoy cars and i'm a big fan of Datsun.
Hey David

Welcome, make sure you jump on the NZ Datsun page too if you haven't already

https://www.facebook.com/groups/155608857860077/

Cheers

Hayden