Brake and diff upgrades 180b

For all your general datsun ramblings
Andrew

Brake and diff upgrades 180b

Post by Andrew »

Hi guys I’ve just got me a 75 180b and have stripped it down to do a build. I’m looking for ideas in diff upgrades and also brake upgrades for it. Also has anyone here ever done a vh45 into one ? Cheers any info and help would be much appreciated
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Re: Brake and diff upgrades 180b

Post by classicdat »

Welcome Andrew, an 8 in a B, that would be interesting.
Greg in Christchurch has done a Maddat conversion tot he rear of his 180B with an R200 Long nose diff in it, so would possibly be worth talking to, and reading through his build thread. See it here http://www.nzdatsun.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=25

I look forward to seeing your progress. It would be good if you started a build thread to help keep track of it, and they are good to help with motivation, for you and for others.

Post up some pics, what model is it?
Vaughan
Datsuns from A to Zed
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Hi thanks for that info I’ll definitely look him up. It’s just a basic model not a sss or anything fancy. I’ve always wanted one and it will be a first build by myself so pretty excited about it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Godzilladat
Datsun Nutter

Post by Godzilladat »

A basic upgrade is to use a DBA425 rotor (magna verada), redrill to 4 stud.

Then use a VL turbo commodore caliper (big single piston caliper that comes off a heavier car). Not sure if you got commodores in NZ, but parts sourcing should be simple of ebay australia if you get stuck.