Re registering the coupe

For all your general datsun ramblings
Zdog
aka: Puke

Re registering the coupe

Post by Zdog »

hi guys,

Ive just bought a coupe that hasn't been registered since 1996 I believe. It has no number plates so I was wondering if the car number B110-975685 is all I need for information. VTNZ said that they need a VIN number, where do I find this on the car?

The car number matches the firewall stamp, and engine numbers.

Does anyone have access to finding information out about the car for me? It would be greatly appreciated.

Its a 72 coupe

Cheers

Zane
2 doors
Datsun God

Re: Re registering the coupe

Post by 2 doors »

Your probably out of luck I'm afraid ,the vin tag should be either on the A pillar or in the engine bay but l would suspect the rego lapsed before the vin was introduced, otherwise you would need the old license plates , you could try car jamming the b110 chassis code and see what it says, but if it doesn't register the chassis number on car jam , then you may need to purchase some plates and papers to keep the dream alive.
brocky41
Financial Member
aka: Brocky

Post by brocky41 »

Ring LTSA - ask to talk to the regestration dept - Then when they ask for the 14 digit vin - say its really old etc and you'll go thorough to someone else.

I did this for a 1950's car and all i had was the chassis number (not 14 digits long) and no number plates - i was just trying to figure out what the number plate was. And they gave it to me.

Tell them your doing it up etc and they will probably say for a revin that you will have to provide "old" photos of the car with said plates for ID purposes.

Hope this helps
Zdog
aka: Puke

Post by Zdog »

Thanks guys,

I tried about 6 VTNZ's before I could get a decent answer. Seems that the chassis number came up as showing when the car was first registered in NZ in 1973 and she reckoned the number plates should be on the system. I will go in personally to ask for the number plate as she was a bit weary about giving them out over the phone.

Car comes home this weekend so I will get some pics up and start a build thread.

I am looking for a front and rear chrome bumper in the meantime.

cheers
brocky41
Financial Member
aka: Brocky

Post by brocky41 »

LTSA or Land Transport. Not VTNZ
Red Coupe

Post by Red Coupe »

There is a car with the chassis number B110975 in the NZ register listed as a saloon with engine number A12240728. This could be your car as this register is full of defects and inaccuracies. It does not give you details of the registration number however so probably isn't much use. I am currently trying to get two old vehicles re registered with the original plates. It's quite an exercise. I could tell you how to do it but one of the requirements is to have the original plates and they must be in very good nick. I suppose if you find out the original number you could get personalised plates but I don't know if you can get them in silver on black. Anyone know?
1974 180B SSS Coupe
1936 Velocette GTP 250
1949 Bedford M
woodies72coupe
Committee Members

Post by woodies72coupe »

From what I understand you can use the old plates when you re-vin the car. U just have to prove that they are still in good condition.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk