Twin Carbs=More power?

For all your general datsun ramblings
RedVB310
aka: RedVB310

Twin Carbs=More power?

Post by RedVB310 »

Hi guys I have a Dataun b310 wagon with a pretty worked a14 in it however its still running a single Carb and the stock air filter and im wondering what sort of difference it will make. The engine is already ported, polished, high compression, big lumpy cam, fully custom exhaust headers and pipe all the way back and im assuming solid lifters because it revs comfortablely to 8000 rpm. She's already quick for an a14, I haven't taken the engine apart because the crazy Japanese mechanic I bought it off has it running perfectly. So yeah should I put on twin Carbs?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
ginga-dato
Datsun Driver
aka: Jordan

Re: Twin Carbs=More power?

Post by ginga-dato »

i put a heavily worked a14 in my 120y and it only came with a single carb when i bought it and after a couple months i upgraded to twin 40s and the difference was like night and day. when it was running the single carb i didnt notice as much difference as i thought i would from all the work that apparently gone into it, so i thought i had been sold a dud. put some twin carbs on and she screamed down the road. Didn't take off until 3000rpm because of the cam in it but after that she flew
RedVB310
aka: RedVB310

Post by RedVB310 »

Excellent haha, yeah mine doesn't pick up till about 3000 either, shes running way too rich at the moment too (you could probably light the unburnt fuel coming out the exhaust) until you've driven for about half an hour then she leans out. Im also having a bit of trouble with blowback through the carburettor during warm up, any ideas?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
Shahail Kumar
aka: Fiji

Post by Shahail Kumar »

I have A15 engine what will be the cost of the cabi in fiji dollars.