club race car

For all your general datsun ramblings
gman
Financial Member
aka: gman

club race car

Post by gman »

Just putting it out there and see what people think. I have so much on with other peoples race cars not a lot of time for my own.So I have a z car that has been caged and homologated needs a little panel work no rust other than a door . So what I was thinking if there was 3 or 4 people out there in the Datsun club that have the skills and the time to put this together then run it at sprint events under the Datsun club banner . It would be better out on the track than sitting in my shed your thoughts.
Datto_610
Datsun God
aka: Greg

Post by Datto_610 »

That's a pretty cool idea! I have often thought about this. If only I had some skills to contribute! Would like to help out anyway I can if this goes ahead.
gman
Financial Member

Re:

Post by gman »

Datto_610 wrote:That's a pretty cool idea! I have often thought about this. If only I had some skills to contribute! Would like to help out anyway I can if this goes ahead.
Yip I think a lot of people just like you have thought about it and don't have the money or the skills this would be a good chance for you and others in the club to help and get together and get some of those skills and have a chance at driving what they built.
brocky41
Financial Member
aka: Brocky

Re: club race car

Post by brocky41 »

Thats a pretty cool idea. Is it a roller - or driver. Ive got a couple of spare L26's if needed.

Ive got (or had) the driving skills lol. Won a few Kart champs and liked to help the young guys learn race-craft on their way though (Head Swelling lol).
Can swing a spanner or rattle gun too.
I always wanted to turn the 120Y into a track car and use it at club days and club events to take passengers. But time and money has meant "TUFDAT" sits as a bare shell, 4 years after coming off the road.

I thought if i got sponsors to fund it, i would organize special ride days where id get a few cool track cars together including the Y and take groups like Canteen, Cure kids and the IHC Foundation for rides. Those people and there families do it tough year round and I thought you'd get a smile at least for a day with events like that, and it would mean lots of seat time at a low cost.

A little bit from a few guys could get this off the ground fairly quickly and im sure sponsors would be keen to help if its more of a Club / Charity thing. Alot of people could learn alot of new skills with something like this. Imagine turning up to an autocross or motokhana event - "six entries in this car please and i've brought 15 Crew to help with the Event", im sure Canty Car Club would appreciate it too.

Just my 2C
gman
Financial Member

Post by gman »

brocky41 wrote:Thats a pretty cool idea. Is it a roller - or driver. Ive got a couple of spare L26's if needed.

Ive got (or had) the driving skills lol. Won a few Kart champs and liked to help the young guys learn race-craft on their way though (Head Swelling lol).
Can swing a spanner or rattle gun too.
I always wanted to turn the 120Y into a track car and use it at club days and club events to take passengers. But time and money has meant "TUFDAT" sits as a bare shell, 4 years after coming off the road.

I thought if i got sponsors to fund it, i would organize special ride days where id get a few cool track cars together including the Y and take groups like Canteen, Cure kids and the IHC Foundation for rides. Those people and there families do it tough year round and I thought you'd get a smile at least for a day with events like that, and it would mean lots of seat time at a low cost.

A little bit from a few guys could get this off the ground fairly quickly and im sure sponsors would be keen to help if its more of a Club / Charity thing. Alot of people could learn alot of new skills with something like this. Imagine turning up to an autocross or motokhana event - "six entries in this car please and i've brought 15 Crew to help with the Event", im sure Canty Car Club would appreciate it too.

Just my 2C
Brocky the car is all striped out all but ready for panting with cage and homologation papers and logbook 5 stud hubs 18x11 and 18x 9.5 rims and slicks power rack coilovers . I have lots of other part off all my other race cars so wouldn't be much to find.
brocky41
Financial Member
aka: Brocky

Post by brocky41 »

Will give you a ring during the week.
gman
Financial Member

Post by gman »

brocky41 wrote:Will give you a ring during the week.
Sorry if I am hard to get I am at highlands all this weak.