Wheel Drums not fitting

For all your general datsun ramblings
blitzballa
Financial Member
aka: James

Wheel Drums not fitting

Post by blitzballa »

So I did a 240Z drum brake conversion on my 310 and as you can see in photos the fins hit the end of the backing plate before the drum can slide all the way on. I am about 4mm short of being able to have them fully on and was wondering if I can just grind some of the backing plate off? TIA
IMG_20160909_231039[1].jpg
IMG_20160909_231222[1].jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dattoboy
Datsun Nutter
aka: Bede

Re: Wheel Drums not fitting

Post by dattoboy »

I dont fully understand why the arnt going on. Are you sure the spigot of the axle to the drum isnt to tight? Can sometimes use a small tap to get on or a rub with emery.

Im down at my parents place this week and will look for a spare drum without broken fins if you are still looking for one?
blitzballa
Financial Member
aka: James

Re: Wheel Drums not fitting

Post by blitzballa »

dattoboy wrote:I dont fully understand why the arnt going on. Are you sure the spigot of the axle to the drum isnt to tight? Can sometimes use a small tap to get on or a rub with emery.

Im down at my parents place this week and will look for a spare drum without broken fins if you are still looking for one?
It was just because where a normal drum would slot in under the dust shield the fins were stopping it sliding in to the recess as much as it could. Have sorted it now though just ended up chopping back the dust shields.