What would my Uncles Datsun 260C be realistically worth

For all your general datsun ramblings
Grantos

What would my Uncles Datsun 260C be realistically worth

Post by Grantos »

Hi
Have had my Uncles Datsun 260C under cover for a bout 7 years thinking I might do something with it but time to move it on to a good home. It's Gold totally original with all parts, very good cream upholstery and with the mags and 88,000 miles on the clock. Has a bit of rust developing around windscreen. Motor starts and needed about $600 on steering / suspension bushes for WOF before I stored her. Reg has expired so needs VIN, one new tire and a battery. Figure it would need about $2-$3000 spent to restore if you had the work done.

I have no idea of the value of these as I'm more a European car nut with Lancias, an Alfa and 2 Mercs.

Any advice would be really appreciated as I took into a Panel beater who has done some other work for me to get tidied up and his apprentice has offered $1500 to restore as project.
broke
Datsun Addict
aka: John

Re: What would my Uncles Datsun 260C be realistically worth

Post by broke »

I'm assuming it's a 230 not a 330 model.

I think the $1500 is a fair price. Being de-reg the rust will need to be done professionally, sounds like the apprentice could be in a good position to do it.
Grantos

Post by Grantos »

YES A 230, AND THANK YOU FOR THE CONFIRMATION
brocky41
Financial Member
aka: Brocky

Post by brocky41 »

Is this the gold one from facebook pages? if so $1500 is a fair price - finished ie panel and paint etc and in good order with current rego and wof would be anywhere from $6K-$8K id say.

Ive had a few and still have a couple - they are steadily rising in price but are not super sought after yet unless a rare model ie pillarless / wagon etc.
Grantos

Post by Grantos »

Thanks. Looks like I'll run with it as at least should be restored well