Trip to Rotorua

For all your general datsun ramblings
]2eDeYe

Trip to Rotorua

Post by ]2eDeYe »

Hello fellow Datto heads. My name is Steve and I am making a trip to Rotorua NZ near the end of September.

I was hoping to do some Datsun things while seeing the sights and was told this would be the place to ask about that sort of thing, so I here I am.

If possible I'd love to rent, borrow or maybe purchase (if cheap enough) a Datsun to drive instead of one of the crappy new cars that are typical of rental companies. :burnout:

I'm the same user name on ratsun.net as well and here's my current Datsuns if you wanted to check them out.

My lowered KA620.
http://community.ratsun.net/topic/22191 ... ab-deluxe/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My 4x4 KA620
http://community.ratsun.net/topic/35996 ... g-cab-4x4/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and my most recent aquisition
RL411 Wagon
http://community.ratsun.net/topic/69708 ... ust/page-1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks in advance for any advice on sights to see, things to do and places to go. :mrgreen:
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Re: Trip to Rotorua

Post by classicdat »

I would be happy to help you out in the South Island. But if you are only go in to the North Island I am sorry. You are missingg the best bits.
Datsuns from A to Zed
]2eDeYe

Post by ]2eDeYe »

I'm hijacking my brothers trip for work, so no real choice on the location. We do have an extra 3 days after his work is done to go wherever though. :dance2:
DatsunP510
Regular

Post by DatsunP510 »

How long are you in NZ for?
Otodat
Datsun Driver
aka: Steve

Post by Otodat »

Hi Steve, your vehicles all look awesome. Can't really think of anything specifically Datsun to do in Rotorua for you, sadly the closest you will probably get is mini stock racing at paradise valley speedway. It is not far through to Taupo Motorsport park, you might see something there. There is a self drive 4wd and go kart place not far out of the city too, not Datsun related but a bit of fun. I was wondering where you are from, I'm guessing WA doesn't stand for Western Australia as your cars seem to be left hand drive
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Monster01 is in Rotorua.
He has a pretty Mint PA10.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
braasmonkey
Site Admin
aka: Braasy

Post by braasmonkey »

Otodat wrote:Hi Steve, your vehicles all look awesome. Can't really think of anything specifically Datsun to do in Rotorua for you, sadly the closest you will probably get is mini stock racing at paradise valley speedway. It is not far through to Taupo Motorsport park, you might see something there. There is a self drive 4wd and go kart place not far out of the city too, not Datsun related but a bit of fun. I was wondering where you are from, I'm guessing WA doesn't stand for Western Australia as your cars seem to be left hand drive
Google is my friend :) Marysville is in Washington, the U S of A ;)

Am loving the 4x4 KA620! :D

-- Nick/Braasy
1972 DATSUN 1200 (B110) 4 DOOR SEDAN << Check Out My Build Thread
1972 DATSUN 240Z (S30) 2 DOOR COUPE << Check Out My Build Thread
]2eDeYe

Post by ]2eDeYe »

DatsunP510 wrote:How long are you in NZ for?
10 days, well maybe 8 total after travel days.
Otodat wrote:Hi Steve, your vehicles all look awesome. Can't really think of anything specifically Datsun to do in Rotorua for you, sadly the closest you will probably get is mini stock racing at paradise valley speedway. It is not far through to Taupo Motorsport park, you might see something there. There is a self drive 4wd and go kart place not far out of the city too, not Datsun related but a bit of fun. I was wondering where you are from, I'm guessing WA doesn't stand for Western Australia as your cars seem to be left hand drive
Thanks. 4wd is my kinda thing, I will look into that and the speedway. :)

WA stands for Washington State, USA. All RHD here.

Bartman wrote:Monster01 is in Rotorua.
Would he be willing to rent it out maybe? Not sure if a mint ride would be the best idea as a rental lol

I wouldn't treat it like a rental for sure.

[/quote]

-- Nick/Braasy[/quote]

That is correct. :)

Thanks,

A couple more pics of the 4x4 for ya.

braasmonkey
Site Admin
aka: Braasy

Post by braasmonkey »

]2eDeYe wrote:
DatsunP510 wrote:How long are you in NZ for?
10 days, well maybe 8 total after travel days.
Thanks. 4wd is my kinda thing, I will look into that and the speedway. :)

WA stands for Washington State, USA. All RHD here.

Bartman wrote:Monster01 is in Rotorua.
Would he be willing to rent it out maybe? Not sure if a mint ride would be the best idea as a rental lol

I wouldn't treat it like a rental for sure.

-- Nick/Braasy[/quote]

That is correct. :)

Thanks,

A couple more pics of the 4x4 for ya.

Image[/quote]
That 4x4 KA620 looks right in its element! Sa-weet!! :D

-- Nick/Braasy
1972 DATSUN 1200 (B110) 4 DOOR SEDAN << Check Out My Build Thread
1972 DATSUN 240Z (S30) 2 DOOR COUPE << Check Out My Build Thread
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

I very strongly doubt he would let anyone drive it! lol
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............