New camshaft fitment problems

For all your general datsun ramblings
Monsta01
Regular

New camshaft fitment problems

Post by Monsta01 »

I'm wondering if anyone here is able to help me, I got a new cam ground for the stanza and it has not a lot more lift than my current camshaft but has a lot more duration and valve overlap, now me and my dad tried installing it and when setting the valve clearance valves 1&2 were ok then when doing 3&4 they set okay then when we tried turning the engine over the inner Spring on the valve springs was binding, but only on valves 3&4, 1&2 were still okay, now when my head was built the cam was installed and checked and then the machine shop went okay too much clearance and skimmed the top of the head to correct the rocker geometry, now theoretically this is fine because essentially all this dos was move the camshaft down slightly so closer to the valve tip, my spring installed height is correct, and the loft distance between the cams is bugger all but the base circle of the new cam has been made a lot smaller by the looks of the eye, so my question is could correcting. All the lash pad thicknesses solve my cool bind problem? Because it may be the way the cam is pressing the rocker that is causing the problem? I'm just curious here guys to see if anyone can help thanks heaps for any advice