73 datsun 1200

For all your general datsun ramblings
erehsawnatas
aka: 123

73 datsun 1200

Post by erehsawnatas »

hey guys new here an most likely posting in the wrong area so sorry my bad . but im wondering how hard it is to get a hold of rear window rubbers for a 73 datsun 1200 4door? an what are the cars worth in decent road going condition looking at buying one but just getting a decent idea of it all before i go any futher.

:burnout:
Bartman
Committee Members

Re: 73 datsun 1200

Post by Bartman »

You'd be pushing shit up hill to get a driving one that was road legal for under $3K

I might have a used window rubber for cheap.
I'm sure there's an aftermarket supplier who can do a window seal.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
erehsawnatas

Post by erehsawnatas »

Bartman wrote:You'd be pushing shit up hill to get a driving one that was road legal for under $3K

I might have a used window rubber for cheap.
I'm sure there's an aftermarket supplier who can do a window seal.

The one I'm looking at buying is 4 grand with an a15 created an just need rear window an interior carpets an head lining for wof with the reg on hold
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

satan was here ???
sr1600
Financial Member
aka: Mark

Post by sr1600 »

if its the one in rotorua also needs the parcel tray etc repaired/welded back in.

Good job for someone provided they know what there doing / jack the car and make sure all the points/measurements are correct before welding it back in.

Other than that not a bad deal that car
erehsawnatas

Post by erehsawnatas »

sr1600 wrote:if its the one in rotorua also needs the parcel tray etc repaired/welded back in.

Good job for someone provided they know what there doing / jack the car and make sure all the points/measurements are correct before welding it back in.

Other than that not a bad deal that car

Hey yeah it is the one in rotorua an any idea of an of what it would cost to get the parcel tray fixed at a shop? I know the interior needs recovering as we'll but I have an upholsterer in the family so that's sorted an I know this is probably a big ask but if I get a chance to go look at it is there anyone in tauranga or rotorua that knows abit more about cars that could accompanie me?
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

look up pete rowling, (rowling bodyworks) rotarua I think that's what its called, really cool guy and happy to talk cash, tell him warrick with the motorhome put you onto him, if he asks, im back in chch and busy as.
erehsawnatas

Post by erehsawnatas »

hey thanks for all the help guys means alot. an ill contact you if im in need of the window rubber if thats okay bartman? ill be sure to post the car up if i purchase it an when shes done ill be sure to bring it to an event. but again thanks for the help guys.
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Yeah no worries.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............