E.O.I SELLING MY DATSUN 1600 WHATS IT WORTH

For all your general datsun ramblings
68p510sss
Regular
aka: Andrewj

Re: E.O.I SELLING MY DATSUN 1600 WHATS IT WORTH

Post by 68p510sss »

Craig, this is very sad news. I was hoping we might both be at Manfield at some stage in the future. While my car is not as tidy the mechanical specs are similar (L18 bored and stroked to 2 litre, Ross pistons, 219 head, bigger valves with Bryan Hartley port and polish, 2 x 45DCOE's etc) I recently declined an offer of $17.5K much to my better half's disgust but I could never replace it for double that. That offer was partly based on the history of it being the car Bruce Chisholm and I used in the 75 Heatway rally.

Any thing less than $20k I think would be a steel but as an earlier post stated it is a smaller market. Being or able to be road legal helps.

Good luck but I will be delighted for you if you find another way. PM sent with confidential recent sales details.

Andrew
70 510 rally car rebuilt and prepared as a classic race car
68 510 sss, retired rally car, currently a bare shell being restored
72 510 sss, awaiting restoration
72 510 sss, retired race car back on the road sold to my son
braasmonkey
Site Admin
aka: Braasy

Post by braasmonkey »

2 doors wrote:I would think 15-17k as a selling price, limited market being a race car, what its worth and resale are always 2 different things in my opinion, and you often never get what they are worth.
Yeah, I was thinking around the 18 grand mark for the same reason Wal ('cause race car). Be a different story if looking at an insurance replacement value.

-- Nick/Braasy
1972 DATSUN 1200 (B110) 4 DOOR SEDAN << Check Out My Build Thread
1972 DATSUN 240Z (S30) 2 DOOR COUPE << Check Out My Build Thread
hsepwr
Datsun Nutter
aka: Craig

Post by hsepwr »

2 doors wrote:I would think 15-17k as a selling price, limited market being a race car, what its worth and resale are always 2 different things in my opinion, and you often never get what they are worth.
Yes you are right in the race car thing but im really lucky its still in the system and I have built so it will pass a cert no worries as that's what I intended to do myself plus im a bit of a safety freak.

I am really confused where to start the sale price at as I don't want to go too high that people think your an absolute dreamer but I guess you have to try your luck and people are normally honest enough to pick your price to bits and offer you less.

Thanks for all your guys feedback.

Cheers
I REAKON THE WORD CANT MEANS CANT BE FU%&#CKED
hsepwr
Datsun Nutter

Post by hsepwr »

68p510sss wrote:Craig, this is very sad news. I was hoping we might both be at Manfield at some stage in the future. While my car is not as tidy the mechanical specs are similar (L18 bored and stroked to 2 litre, Ross pistons, 219 head, bigger valves with Bryan Hartley port and polish, 2 x 45DCOE's etc) I recently declined an offer of $17.5K much to my better half's disgust but I could never replace it for double that. That offer was partly based on the history of it being the car Bruce Chisholm and I used in the 75 Heatway rally.

Any thing less than $20k I think would be a steel but as an earlier post stated it is a smaller market. Being or able to be road legal helps.

Good luck but I will be delighted for you if you find another way. PM sent with confidential recent sales details.

Andrew
Mark my words Andrew, I will be back in a 510 before too long and I will build it bigger better and faster as I have learnt allot on this build and where too and not too spend money.
Thanks for your feedback on price etc.

Cheers
hsepwr
Datsun Nutter

Post by hsepwr »

I have listed it on Trade me tonight and am simply just testing the waters with money/Value etc but it does need to go at the same time.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... =858005722" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheers
Craig
sr1600
Financial Member
aka: Mark

Post by sr1600 »

Tis a sad day seeing the old girl on trademe craig..........

Not working at the shop anymore?

But not a bad number any bites?
1slo510

Post by 1slo510 »

Tuff call to make Craig, but good to hear its not going to be the end of your Datsun days.
Great car for who ever takes it off your hands.
I like my EFI turbo power but I think a lot of us that have gone down this path still miss the old school side drafts and big revs of a set up like yours, good luck with the sale and new venture.
Hope to see you back at Taupo in the not too distant future..

Nigel
DylPhil7
Financial Member
aka: DylPhil

Post by DylPhil7 »

Its at least worth my left testicle and right kidney Graig