wilwood calipers

For all your general datsun ramblings
buzzy
Datsun Driver

wilwood calipers

Post by buzzy »

anyone know what the best wilwood calipers to use on the standard Datsun discs would be?

wanting some good brakes but still need them to fit under 13" wheels?
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Re: wilwood calipers

Post by classicdat »

you wanting these for competition use only or for road as well.
What discs are you planning on running? Std solid wouldn't be up for it unless you are drag racing only. If you can handle the offset fitting Silvia hat type discs over your hubs is probably the easiest solution to fit inside rims.
What struts are you running?
Datsuns from A to Zed
buzzy
Datsun Driver

Post by buzzy »

will be for road use also,

have adjustable coilovers in there at moment, not sure what disc to run as i dont want to fit the s13 disc and have the caliper not fit under the 13's. wheels that are going on it will be a 13x7 -6 offset so with the S13 might push the rim out too far as i dont want to flare it
hsepwr
Datsun Nutter
aka: Craig

Post by hsepwr »

you could run either a 4 pot dynalite or superlite maybe as they are rather small and light and they are roughly around the $200 mark for a caliper. You can get them to suit all different thickness rotors ie 0.38" 0.5" 0.81" or can space them out with spacers in the center of the caliper etc. you would just have to muck around with the mounting of them to suit.
I REAKON THE WORD CANT MEANS CANT BE FU%&#CKED
denpal
Financial Member
aka: denpal

Post by denpal »

Make sure you match the calipers to your master cylinder in terms of relative bore sizes so that you get the pedal movement and feel that you want.
hsepwr
Datsun Nutter
aka: Craig

Post by hsepwr »

If it was me i would be putting the brakes you want on you car and then find a master cylinder to suit. I wouldnt be spending all that money on brakes and not get what you want because it wont suit your master cylinder, its easy to change the master cylinder to suit the brakes you want.
I REAKON THE WORD CANT MEANS CANT BE FU%&#CKED
denpal
Financial Member
aka: denpal

Post by denpal »

hsepwr wrote:If it was me i would be putting the brakes you want on you car and then find a master cylinder to suit. I wouldnt be spending all that money on brakes and not get what you want because it wont suit your master cylinder, its easy to change the master cylinder to suit the brakes you want.
I upgraded my 1600 front brakes with a suitable Willwood caliper matched to the original master cylinder and 280z vented discs. It worked perfectly, with short pedal travel, lots of feel and eye-popping deceleration. 60-0 was about 109' as near as I could tell.