Glen / 510WGN will be here shortly......

For all your general datsun ramblings
datsunboy
Datsun God
aka: Dan

Glen / 510WGN will be here shortly......

Post by datsunboy »

Glen has agreed to come here and answer any questions anyone has about DOCNZ, and the issues involving when it will be back, and anything he has planned for the future of hosting e.t.c.
He said it will be a day or 2 before hes back from palmy and then happy to talk with anyone here to take away the confusion.
so have a think about anything you would like to talk about.
1969 SSS Nissan Bluebird coupe
1970 Datsun 1600 - CA18DET - Sold!
torqued
Datsun God
aka: Adam

Re: Glen / 510WGN will be here shortly......

Post by torqued »

:D
"It's ok, we know what to do...we talked about this a lot on the internet."
240znz
Financial Member
aka: James

Post by 240znz »

It's never the same without "Camp Mother".
mongol

Post by mongol »

glens a poo poo head !!

:D :lol: :twisted:
MONTY
Datsun Dreamer

Post by MONTY »

yeah respect for glenn, him and his site rocked, and will be good to meet him finally

maybe now we can all "donate" money for a paid server or something!!!!
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

Is Glen still coming on here, or is the rumour about him throwing his toys out of the cot true? anyone know for sure??
datsunboy
Datsun God
aka: Dan

Post by datsunboy »

well, he told me he was, so should be here this weekend, if not. I'll hit him up on MSN again
1969 SSS Nissan Bluebird coupe
1970 Datsun 1600 - CA18DET - Sold!
taiparacer
Datsun Dreamer

Post by taiparacer »

well hes signed up so he must be close
Dattochriswagon
Datsun God

Post by Dattochriswagon »

Hey Glen is back. and he online. whats new Glen???
510WGN

Post by 510WGN »

Yeah Hey Chris and everyone else, James... wait till I see you at work on Monday! :lol:
Yes, as I told Dan, I need to come here and sort out this mess and set people straight who have no clue and have things SOOOOO wrong!

If you have ANY questions for me, just ask and I can answer them here if I don't cover it all here now.

Now lets get the first thing straight!
I have no issues with Dan starting this forum. The only thing that got me FUCKED OFF was all the untrue things said by people who might have heard somethings through the rumour mill and/or assumed shit. Now THAT is my number one hate! So to sort out the untrue things...

"Glen has just straight out REFUSED to accept offers of money to help pay for the foum"
Right, first of all with that...
If I had been offered money by individuals, and I had turned it down... there have been MANY reasons for this. One of them is that I don't see it is fair that some pay and others don't, I would rather see it as all or none.
Also, last time I checked over the past soon to be 4 years of running this all, I could afford the $20ish per month and Domain Name Registration without help. Things have not been down because of a money issue!
If I started getting all this extra income to pay for the forum and IRD noticed it, it would make things SOOOO much harder for me for no real help in the end.
Now when I told Dan about this FACT, no more assuming anything, I was told that I could have said something... Well if I turn down something like this, I would have my reasons and shouldn't have to explain why to everyone. If I was asked why, then yes I would probably tell them why. But I don't ever remember being asked, and most people should be able to contact me in many ways to do so.

"We need to move to a better, more reliable PAID hosting site"
WRONG YET AGAIN!!
Kiwi Web Hosting who we have been with for most of the time and paid for the service was the ones who ended up giving us all those hassles with cookies, login trouble etc and would not give any backup or support for third party things such as the phpBB forum we were using, even though they would let you click a botton and install/update in the first place. Now SOMETHING had changed which meant I could no longer update and was probably the same thing that stuff up other stuff for us.
I was then offered to get hosting and help for free by a guy I knew, he just wanted to put an ad up to advertise his hosting company. He had found some major problems with our old Database and went to work trying to fix that. The best he could do was end up loosing a bit of the later content posted etc, but then he had problems which meant it all came offline and I was given NO WARNING that there was any problems.
After getting back in contact with him he had done more work and changed to a more secure SMF forum, but then he must have had other problems as it has not been back up since :( I had talked to him about paying for a real service, but it had not been up enough for anything to have been worked out.
So it is not just a matter of starting up with another hosting place and uploading the old database, if it was that simple, then DOCNZ forum would be back up!
We need to get somebody who knows what they are doing to find the problem with the old Database before we can put it back up again.

So anyway, like I was saying, the PAID service from a REAL hosting place fucked us up in the first place, it was not me being a tight ass trying to get things done for nothing.

Well that is what I can think of for now, I'm sure there will be more to come soon.
So now that I'm here and have seen what some people REALLY think of me and how I have done things over the years, you can now talk to me about it here, although I'd rather it to be in person as things always get taken the wrong way online.

Oh yeah that reminds me, I have seen some stuff about text messages sent... would be interesting to see those people man up and step forward to see why they think that is what you do if you don't like what somebody says on a discussion forum. I have been seeing SOOOO much more bullshit division between groups of users, which is funny when it all started out as a united group of Datsun people helping each other out no matter where in NZ they were, what they drove and what they had done to their own project. All I can see now is people joining different sides. That is part of what made me say to Georgie about me giving up on it all and crushing the wagon, cause I was getting sick of seeing the way things have been going within our group of so called mates! Now Georgie(DAYSIK) will soon be my wife, so I'm pretty sure she knows what is happening behind the scenes, so seemed a little strange that those looking into rumours and assuming stuff thought they knew more than what she did and was "over reacting". Again, isn't this a discussion forum where you say your bit and shouldn't really be beaten down because you think differently to someone else??

Right, now "camp mother" has spoken... lets see what you all have to say in reply...