visit to NZ

For all your general datsun ramblings
z181200
Datsun Mad

Re: visit to NZ

Post by z181200 »

Iv already told quite a few people about it but havent organised whats going to happen on the day. No reason why we both cant organise it.
NosHero
aka: NosHero

Post by NosHero »

Dear all,

Thank you very much for your interests and efforts to make it happen. I appreciate it.

Some more input. Let me make it simple here.

- arriving Christchurch: Jan 22, 8:55am, flight JQ245 - need a pick up (or you say it a lift?)
- Sunday and Monday I'm free and available. The garage tour can be either on Sun or Mon, It's up to you guys. I have time. I need a place to sleep if anybody can offer me one. Otherwise, I'll get a hotel. For the Sunday meeting, please create a nice name for it, it will make my article writing a little bit easier.
- leaving for Auckland Jan 22, 9:45am - need a ride, otherwise, I can use a taxi.

On a different note, I found a Japanese radio station in Christchurch. I want to get it interested. I tried to send a message to a girl in charge via their website, but never went through. Do any of you know this radio station? Who wants to meet a Japanese girl?

http://www.jdunz.com/english.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NosHero

Post by NosHero »

Hi again,

For Auckland Bronzee from Z CLub has put a post up for the meeting. Check out this

http://www.zclub.org.nz/viewtopic.php?t=2639&test=test" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dattochriswagon
Datsun God

Post by Dattochriswagon »

I think the sunday would be the best day for the garage tour. Then maybe if your keen Andy. we could both take a day off on monday and take ^^ for a workshop tour? Surfab? EQ damage? NZEFI? Other such places. I dunno just throwing out some ideas. Im mad keen on stickers for my VB110. Looking forward to the day!
z181200
Datsun Mad

Post by z181200 »

I can pick you up from the airport and you can stay at our flat.

I think we should have a meet sunday somewhere with a nice big car park like westpac, maybe around 10-11am then have the garage tour that afternoon.

Workshops on monday as you said Chris.

I can meet up with the radio girl, hopefully they are still doing their show after the quake.

Its seems like a small show though, a 25min segment every two weeks.

Would you like me to try and contract her also?
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Post by classicdat »

Plains FM is a community radio station with many groups and nationalities having a slot. It may take a week or so to get a response, as Andy says it is only on air once every two weeks.
THere is a bed at our house too, not the place if you are looking for a Party, it is a family home, but would be happy to take Hisashi for a cruise out of town on Monday, and can drop to the plane Tuesday Morning, so maybe Monday night with us? I'm not working those days, so could do the workshop jaunt too if Chris or Andy can't get time off.
If we are to have a gathering we should get location organised and cleared by the owner, so we don't up with the last event I went to who tried to use Target. Even heading out of town to a Domain, although this could have problems with guys pulling skids.
Datsuns from A to Zed
z181200
Datsun Mad

Post by z181200 »

Yes that could work out well classicdat. Good idea to get permission, but in saying that if we have it sunday morning and dont tell everyone, just genuine piners with nicely done cars there shouldnt be any dickheads that do skids or what have you.

I have asked my friend whos in club k to ask some people, but told him that we dont want the flatpeak primer bogged bumper chumps that can turn up to facebook advertised events.

I think westpac may be a goer as its just such a big carpark, you can just line the cars up in one corner and not get in anyones way.

The target carpark was crap as too many people showed up, bocked off the business which in turn would have rung the police.
NosHero

Post by NosHero »

Thank you everybody for your research on the radio station and thoughts on the meeting venue, as well as offers for my sleep.

If this opportunity of visit was 20 years ago, I’d enjoy partying, but no more at my age. All you would need now is two bottles of Steiny to put me in sleep for the night ;-)

z181200, good point on no Facebook advert. Let’s keep the meeting to be the classic style with no strangers, no surprises, no burnout, etc. Please try contact and advertise to the radio station if you don't mind - I consider this event as one of forms of Kiwi-Japan historical communication.

My local (Auckland) contact is the Advanced Corrosion Treatment in Penrose, and I will provide my cell phone number when I start traveling.

And the attached picture is a few things I have prepared for the visit!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kb110
Datsun Dreamer

Post by kb110 »

If you are doing garage tours you're welcome to drop in here if you are interested in a 1983 Nissan Silvia RS-X...
gingofthesouth
Site Admin
aka: Ging

Post by gingofthesouth »

kb110 wrote:If you are doing garage tours you're welcome to drop in here if you are interested in a 1983 Nissan Silvia RS-X...
I want that in my garage!
My orangatang 510 here.