visit to NZ

For all your general datsun ramblings
NosHero
aka: NosHero

visit to NZ

Post by NosHero »

Hi Kiwi Datsun owners,

My name is Hisashi, from a Japanese classic car magazine called Nostalgic Hero. I'll be in the Auckland area late January, and was wondering if we could make a plan to meet up. I will arrive on Saturday January 21st morning, so the following Sunday may be the best. If things go well, my goal may be to write up an article on our meeting for the magazine. I can also see there are other clubs that my magazine may be interested in, Z Club and Datsun Owners Club. Can anybody tell me if we could all meet up together (meaning, are you guys getting along, or competing clubs)?

Cheers,
Flauski
Financial Member

Re: visit to NZ

Post by Flauski »

Not many Datsun owners in Auckland although there are a few like Shannon with an awesome 1600.

Most people on here are from Christchurch, about 80%

Then others like me scattered all around NZ. You could try http://www.oldschool.co.nz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; as there is a large following there with a lot more in Auckland.

You would be better going to Chirstchurch though, they would make it awesome for you there.
Last edited by Flauski on Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
datsunboy
Datsun God
aka: Dan

Post by datsunboy »

Datsun owners club has been shut down.
And of you want a good datsun turnout.... then you'll need to book some flights down to christchurch.
Well worth it. We have a kp510 and a c10 skyline for you to check out, along with heaps of other awesome datsuns.
You might be lucky to see 4 or 5 datsuns in Auckland
1969 SSS Nissan Bluebird coupe
1970 Datsun 1600 - CA18DET - Sold!
braasmonkey
Site Admin
aka: Braasy

Post by braasmonkey »

Flauski wrote:Not many Datsun owners in Auckland although there are a few like Shannon with an awesome 1600.

Most people on here are from Christchurch, about 80%

Then others like me scattered all around NZ. You could try http://www.oldschool.co.nz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; as there is a large following there with a lot more in Auckland.

You would be better going to Chirstchurch though, they would make it awesome for you there.
Also, believe the DOCNZ (Datsun Owners Club of NZ) is now closed, with most (if not all) members having moved to this forum :) A visit to Christchurch would be well worth the time I'm sure :D
1972 DATSUN 1200 (B110) 4 DOOR SEDAN << Check Out My Build Thread
1972 DATSUN 240Z (S30) 2 DOOR COUPE << Check Out My Build Thread
NosHero

Post by NosHero »

Thanks guys. Hmm, Christchurch... I've never been there. Flights don't look too expensive, I'll definitely think about that. Cool, I'll come back in a little while. See you all then,

Hisashi
datsunboy
Datsun God
aka: Dan

Post by datsunboy »

If you are thinking of coming to Christchurch, then make sure you let us know as soon as you can with a date, so then we can put on a good gig for you!
maybe a meet up in a carpark followed by a cruise somewhere.

Then if your around for a few days, then we can probably organise a bit of a garage tour for you aswell 8-)
1969 SSS Nissan Bluebird coupe
1970 Datsun 1600 - CA18DET - Sold!
z181200
Datsun Mad

Post by z181200 »

Yes come to Christchurch so we can show you how we try and copy Japans classic cars!
Dattochriswagon
Datsun God

Post by Dattochriswagon »

Christchurch is the New Zealand Datsun capital.
old_datto_fan
aka: Mike

Post by old_datto_fan »

There are lots of (Datsun) Zs scattered around NZ too. I am sure the Z Club would be interested in joining in something in Auckland. It is worth putting a post on the Z Cub forum to make contact.
http://www.zclub.org.nz/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1971 Datsun 240Z L32
1987 Nissan Sentra SR Twincam CA16DE
NosHero

Post by NosHero »

Heeey guys, thanks a lot for your comments! Good to know the place to be is Christchurch, not Auckland. I'm pretty excited and willing to fly down. Very likely, Sunday January 22nd for the meeting. I may be able to stay a day or two. datsunboy, good point. It'll be appreciated if we can make some garage tour, especially in terms of my article plans. I have a few ideas for my articles, depending on how we can meet up and organise. old_datto_fan, I actually have emailed the president. But you are right, better to post on their forum. I'll do it.

I was wondering, if any of you have seen our magazine? If not, please try googling it or Ebay.

Let's meet up on 22nd in Christchurch. I'll book my flights depending on how may days I can stay there. See you all soon!

Hisashi
nostalgic.hero.america@gmail.com