Calling all datsun artists!

For all your general datsun ramblings
Bartman
Committee Members

Calling all datsun artists!

Post by Bartman »

Okay guys,
At tonights committee meeting it was decided that we will be having Akaroa specific tee shirts for the 2011 Akaroa cruise. These will feature the NZDATSUN.COM logo on the back, with Akaroa '11 and a drawing of last years "peoples choice" car. For those of you who don't know, it was Shaun's awesome 240K skyline. Pics can be found here; http://www.nzdatsun.com/forums/viewtopi ... =16&t=1803" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
So if you fancy your self as a bit of an artist, draw a picture of Shawn's car, and post it here. It was decided that to avoid any argument about which drawing is used on the tee shirt, we will be using which ever drawing Shawn likes best. (Since it's his car)

So start you drawing, and post your entries here. You can enter as many times as you like, but Shawn will have the final say.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
2 doors
Datsun God

Re: Calling all datsun artists!

Post by 2 doors »

lewis gets my vote so far :lol:
gingofthesouth
Site Admin
aka: Ging

Post by gingofthesouth »

What size? Shape? can we determine what colour tshirts to match a design?

I was thinking of doing some urban art style or cutout designs instead of the old black and white bogan look all the time.

Example of cutout style (just a 5 minute jobbie to show you the style I was thinking but in a designed t-shirt kinda way haha
Cutout.png
My orangatang 510 here.
brocky41
Financial Member
aka: Brocky

Post by brocky41 »

I think we decided the tshirts would be grey marle and that we wanted a pic of some sort of Shauns car, as well as "NZ Datsun.com Akaroa 2011" or thereabouts and some reference to akaroa itself would be good.
At the end of the day it's not about voting for a person but for anyone interested to spend some quality time ( you have months to do this! ) to come forth with a final design for Shaun to see, rather than spend months discussing and arguing about what every different person wants without getting a final product.
datsunboy
Datsun God
aka: Dan

Post by datsunboy »

I think the pic/artwork, needs to be more of a arty type pic.....not a photo with all sorts of crap in the background.....more just the car, nothing else.
It will have to be with minimal colors too I would imagine
1969 SSS Nissan Bluebird coupe
1970 Datsun 1600 - CA18DET - Sold!
gingofthesouth
Site Admin
aka: Ging

Post by gingofthesouth »

brocky41 wrote:I think we decided the tshirts would be grey marle and that we wanted a pic of some sort of Shauns car, as well as "NZ Datsun.com Akaroa 2011" or thereabouts and some reference to akaroa itself would be good.
At the end of the day it's not about voting for a person but for anyone interested to spend some quality time ( you have months to do this! ) to come forth with a final design for Shaun to see, rather than spend months discussing and arguing about what every different person wants without getting a final product.
Sweet so a better spec on what you want the shirt to look like and what colour it should be etc would be nice so anybody working on it could do something. Already you have changed what Bart has said in the first post. He said Akaroa '11 and now your saying nzdatsun.com akaroa '11. All little things in concept but huge in design. I think with all the time it would take to make it mint (I made some for a clan that took a shit load of time to come up with the final design even though it was simple) it would be better to get one person to just go design it (which I will definitely exclude myself from). I have too much on to really give it a go, especially since I wanna design a kick arse website for the club but have had nobody from the committee wanna offer up the content they wanna see on it.

The point is if you really want a good job it takes ages, a complete spec on how what you have decided on (such as shirt colour, logo and wording (especially placement if thats pre decided). It could need to be very clear. Also, It would not be nice for somebody to spend a huge amount of time only for you to choose another persons design.

Anyways /rant. If anybody wants a t-shirt design template in Adobe Illustrator I have that and will hand it on to help layout any design you have.

Here is an example of my template if anybody wants a copy of it:
dUNk-Shirt-Design-2009.jpg
My orangatang 510 here.
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

gingofthesouth wrote:Already you have changed what Bart has said in the first post. He said Akaroa '11 and now your saying nzdatsun.com akaroa '11.
brocky41 wrote: as well as "NZ Datsun.com Akaroa 2011" or thereabouts and some reference to akaroa itself would be good.
Or thereabouts. The wording on the front is going to be seperate from the car itself, so there's little need to quibble over small details. The whole thing is going to be a simple design, similar to the tee shirts that cheater5 made a few years back. Plus big pictured (when screen printed which is nice and cheap) make for a big sweat patch. Which is why we're going to keep is simple.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
LUFDAT
Datsun Dreamer
aka: lisa

Post by LUFDAT »

Specs are as previously stated : Tee to be grey marle, with some sort of pic of shaun's car, with akaroa 11 and the club logo or banner or wording somewhere obviously or no one will know what the tees are about.

The rest is supposed to be about using your own creativity to design something for the club.
The whole point of opening this up to members is to get people involved, if they want to be. As previously people were making noises about the designs but not offering anything else, which is why one person designing didn't work and the idea was temporarily scrapped.
At the end of the day if people want to design a tee, awesome. Not everyone will like it i'm sure but you can't please everyone and given that theres months to do this and it is benefitting the club i don't think anyones going to be offended if their pic isn't picked. That's life and no ones forcing anyone to do this it's all for the fun of having a club tee!

sooooooooooo good luck to those that are seriously interested, or ever those that just want to have a go, can't wait to see what you come up with :highfive:
Barts Handbrake
Financial Member
aka: Tracey

Post by Barts Handbrake »

Just to clarify as there's opposing messages here. What the committee is asking for is a design/pic of Shaun's car only. The Nz Datsun and Akaroa wording will be a standard design used each year so we don't have to pay set up costs for printing this wording every year. Ideally we want to only have to pay a set up cost for the picture and year rather than the whole thing.

We have decided to throw this open as a competition to let everyone who wants put forward a design/pic. It will be up to the person who wins people's choice the year before to decide which picture of their car they like best and want on the t-shirt.
LUFDAT
Datsun Dreamer
aka: lisa

Post by LUFDAT »

...bumping...