IS THIS REAL?????

tlssunny
Financial Member
aka: jesse

IS THIS REAL?????

Post by tlssunny »

http://www.datsun1200.asia/category/sel ... 6/pid/9137" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

can someone tell me if this is real??? thought it was really strange when i came across it etc
RDAP- Rakaia Datsun b310 Auto Parts
TLS- The Late Shift Restoration Services
Datto_610
Datsun God
aka: Greg

Post by Datto_610 »

Very strange...
luke
Datsun Addict

Re: IS THIS REAL?????

Post by luke »

They did a similar thing with pearl harbour sunken ships.......? I think. stops the docks from rusting by connecting up low power cables to disentegrate the ships instead. .... I think
1972 1200 coupe KB110
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

Yeah it's real, but I don't think anyone has actually proven that they work, and it won't stop rust that has already started, might slow it down though.
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

There was a guy in NZ selling a different brand of those.
I think it's the same principle as having a sacrificial anode on a boat motor. The idea was any part of the car which is earthed, is protected.
Some say it's snake oil though. The brochure I saw had pictures of like a fish delivery truck from japan with, and without the kit installed.
I think it said that similar technology was used to protect the launch towers at NASA as well.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
68p510sss
Regular
aka: Andrewj

Post by 68p510sss »

Bart is right as I understand it the theory is the same as sacrificial anodes used in marine circles. There are several companies in NZ marketing similar products. I have no proof of how good or otherwise but if I had to leave my toys outside I would be investigating as I would rather spend money preventing than doing repairs. It would be great to hear from anyone with long term results.
70 510 rally car rebuilt and prepared as a classic race car
68 510 sss, retired rally car, currently a bare shell being restored
72 510 sss, awaiting restoration
72 510 sss, retired race car back on the road sold to my son
85_Z31
Datsun Master

Post by 85_Z31 »

corrosion by electrolysis shouldn't be too much of an issue in cars with a wiring system in good order. My understanding is the sacrificial anode is only needed if you have stray currents wizzing around the system.

however in our old cars that sometimes have less than ideal body/wiring conditions i can see how it could help.

I still see it as a band aid fix to an electrical problem that could be solved via other means.

Unless of course you have a fish truck full of salt.
The Answer to your Question is NEEDS MORE VG30