This Forum is Dead - we need to change it.

please list any ideas or problems you are having here
brocky41
Financial Member
aka: Brocky

This Forum is Dead - we need to change it.

Post by brocky41 »

Just starting a topic on this.

IMO we need to change to the same style of forum as the oldschool one - does anyone know the costs / work involved in moving everything over etc.
That style means you can give likes etc which might help people to continue to post, as most threads dont even get answers.

Just a thought
Brock
Tony_Whenua
Financial Member

Re: This Forum is Dead - we need to change it.

Post by Tony_Whenua »

I hate Facebook but it’s the only way to get posts/ info for motivation. I’d be keen to know who even still comes onto this site?
"Dude you're like 30 degrees retarded" - Chris_g1 & 2 Doors
Otodat
Datsun Driver
aka: Steve

Post by Otodat »

Imo changing to old school platform probably won't make a lot of difference. The have all makes of car which gives a much bigger base a people to post, and even then probably the majority of post aren't related to cars. This forum is the largest collection of Datsuns and there history in NZ and still useful for finding ways of fixing or modifying unique to the laws in this country, surely still a worthwhile asset to the datsun community. Looking at other sites like 1200.com that info is presented in an easy to navigate way, possibly hard work to organize things like that here I guess.
I look at Facebook and think yeah great and all but hopeless to search for info (I hate having to ask dumb questions on there) and can anyone be certain that they will keep all that data for free forever?, look at the whole Photobucket debacle.
My 2c.
torqued
Datsun God
aka: Adam

Post by torqued »

It is easy to swap over. I just kinda lost interest in the forum because no one was helping with ideas on what it needed. Plus being busy with other life things. I have just been keeping the lights on.
It will be easy to swap over to what ever other forum layout you want to. I have left this one, as it is the one people are most famalir with.
I had to rebuild this site last month after some nasty events, which has renenergise me to keep this going. Happy to do what ever people need
"It's ok, we know what to do...we talked about this a lot on the internet."