620 help

please list any ideas or problems you are having here
sam0919

620 help

Post by sam0919 »

just signed up to this site as i have a 77' gn620 that im doing up and cant seem to find much information on what other datsun engines are compatible with a j15 rwd setup. will an a15 bolt up to a j15 4spd column shift gearbox?

also after any 620 parts i can get my hands on

this is my 1st datto so any suggestions/ help/ comments are appreciated

cheers, sam
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Re: 620 help

Post by classicdat »

Welcome aboard Sam, great wee trucks those, a few of the guys on here have them. Stroll through the Members rides index, they would be the best source of parts. There is a guy in Thailand that advertises on here with New Old Stock parts, not sure if anyone has traded with him yet.
Most Nissan parts guys will roll their eyes and just say no, but there are many parts for old Datsuns still available, if you are having no luck try Scott at Cockram Nissan in Christchurch.
If you are looking at an engine swap you may want to consider an SR20 with column change out of a Serena. I'd be quite confident and say an A15 wouldn't bolt up.
Some of these in other parts of the world did come with L series engines, so you might source a box for one of them.
All the best with your investment, enjoy it.
Last edited by classicdat on Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Datsuns from A to Zed
sam0919

Re: 620 help

Post by sam0919 »

yea its an investment alright! mines the flat deck in the pick but cant get enough of those bulletside wellsides. i was hoping to keep it fairly standard with the engine atm as i dont yet have the funds to upgrade everything else that would go along with an SR. cheers for the suggestions though mate!