Like the idea. cant post in comittee anymore

please list any ideas or problems you are having here
Dattochriswagon
Datsun God

Like the idea. cant post in comittee anymore

Post by Dattochriswagon »

Hey,
Tonight I scored some sweet brand new datsun parts off Scott from Cockram nissan.
I've been talking to scott about the wide range of parts that are still available new. Up untill quite recently, the folk at nissan would get that glazed look in their eyes when asked about new parts for datsuns. But the truth is, lots of parts can still be bought new.
since our clubs purpose is "the preservation, and enjoyment of datsuns, and datsun era Nissan. (Including vehicles manufactured by the prince motor company) Would it not make sense for us to have a sticky thread where people can ask about the availability of this or that part? I don't think Scott's employer would mind one bit. lol
And if we're buying more and more stuff from nissan, we're likely to get the best deal going.

Some forums get quite ratty about people peddling their wares on their website. But I personally think it'll be a means for people to improve their datsuns. after all, a brand new gearstick grommet is heaps better than duck tape.

How do you guys feel about it?

Since i cant reply to thread as aint in commiittee anymore.
I like the idea. As i too just brought new 1200 Bonnet rubber that are located on the top of the inner guard and locate the bonnet when close.
$12 pair! Cheers Scott! Good man!
luke
Datsun Addict

Re: Like the idea. cant post in comittee anymore

Post by luke »

possibly in brendans sunny wagon? yes, yes you were! any idea how to find out what he can get in?
1972 1200 coupe KB110
Bartman
Committee Members

Re: Like the idea. cant post in comittee anymore

Post by Bartman »

yeah he's a good bloke to know!
So long as no-one else on the committee objects, There will be a sticky new parts thread on parts for sale in the near future where people can request parts/see what bits others have bought new. Scott just didn't want to jump in and do it without permission.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............