Forum Problem...

please list any ideas or problems you are having here
DATSIK

Re: Forum Problem...

Post by DATSIK »

This ADMIN guy is a "mate' of Dans. And NO Glen did not have any thing to do with this new forum let alone knowing someone was starting a new one.
What Glen has put in to the REAL DOCNZ over the past 4 years has just been trown down the drain but a back stabber.
Docnz was always coming back, it was a matter of time. A place where people could chat for FREE about stuff they love, but maybe that wasnt good enough for SOME people.

DOCNZ will be returning.....
DATSIK

Post by DATSIK »

This is the BIGGEST slap in the face for Glen and I am fucking furious
kyteler
Regular

Post by kyteler »

datsunboy wrote:haha maldat.
I wouldnt even sign up if he started it.

yes, it was me who asked my mate to setup this forum.
not hard to figure out is it really? first user to sign up minutes after the forums creation?
anyway.
this was put up to be a place to talk and keep track of cruises e.t.c. whenever datsun.co.nz went down.....and hey....it works.....people are here talking!
when datsun.co.nz comes back online, I expect people to go back there......I will be.....since its got all our posts from many years!

dont see why people have a problem, this was not designed to replace datsun.co.nz

I'm glad to hear that man. Obviously we were there at the start of .co.nz so you can imagine why I was a bit taken back by it all.
Good work with the interim forum then man. ;)
Bullitt

Post by Bullitt »

datsunboy wrote:dont see why people have a problem, this was not designed to replace datsun.co.nz
Probably because that hasnt been said until now and the way its structured dont look like its entirely truthful.

I dont think anyone has a problem with how Glen has operated things aside from the unreliability of the forum which as far as I know is only something hes had indirect control over.

The NZ Datsun scene is too small to have rival groups trying to operate. It was hard enough with the mitsi/sykline/subaru clobs tried that and look how many more of them are around

datsunboy
Datsun God
aka: Dan

Post by datsunboy »

glad to see that some people are capable of seeing this for what it really is.
Datsick.....read whats been said.....this is NOT a replacement for DOCNZ and was never designed to be.
its not a slap in the face to glen, his site is still coming back as you say, and then people will go there.
so wheres the problem?
yes, glen has put in HEAPS to the datsun community in NZ, and has created an awesome club.
nowhere, anytime has anyone tried to take that from him.
without glen starting something all those years ago, NZ datsun owners wouldnt be close to what they are now.

not that it matters, but yes glen did know there were a few people down these ways planning on starting something while DOCNZ was down. It just so happens I did before they did.
1969 SSS Nissan Bluebird coupe
1970 Datsun 1600 - CA18DET - Sold!
DATSIK

Post by DATSIK »

So why did you not ask Glen if that was ok? You just did it all behind our backs like it was some take-over plan, thats why im so angry at you.
We didnt know ANYTHING about this and the fact that you just did it because you couldnt wait a little bit longer for DOCNZ to come back, which is free for you too use so why bitch and moan about it?? Glen and I are getting married in 7 weeks and along with the stress of that and the forum being down and now ''YOUR FORUM" running as you said before, is making things harder for us.
datsunboy
Datsun God
aka: Dan

Post by datsunboy »

this is not my forum....its anyones forum.
you may not have known, but glen did.....maybe not that it was me, but knew something was happening.
DOCNZ forum is free.....and so is this.....and again, its not a replacement....how many times does it take before you read that part of my post?
I dont see how this forum creates any stress for you.....your making it that way......its a temporary forum! theres no need for you to be worried!
1969 SSS Nissan Bluebird coupe
1970 Datsun 1600 - CA18DET - Sold!
DATSIK

Post by DATSIK »

admin wrote:yes, this is a new site seperate from datsun.co.nz.
Originally this site was only going to have a backup forum, but then after finding out DOCNZ forums had gone down again, and also lost more posts, it was thought a new one would be best.
and people can go to where ever they like.
This guy aint talking temporary.... by the sound of that quote this is quite permanent.

Any no Glen will not be joining this forum or posting or have any input into it.

Great way to treat mates Dan, well done
Bullitt

Post by Bullitt »

So given this is a temporary site where is that stated other than two posts by Dan in this thread? Presumably that should be stated prominantly...perhaps in the site header beside the Datsun Club logo
kyteler
Regular

Post by kyteler »

C'mon people, let's not over-react and create something out of potentially nothing.

This forum is here for people to use whilst we wait for DOCNZ to return, as Dan has said. You can choose to believe that or not but getting upset about it will not resolve any issues or make you feel any better about it.

Dan may break lots of diffs, but he has been here since the start and is well aware of the effort and commitment Glen has made in the past and through to the present.

If anything the creation of this forum should be viewed as a positive that people are willing to spend money themselves as well to maintain a residence for the Datsun NZ populace whilst the main forums are experiencing technical difficulties.