Build Thread Contents page

please list any ideas or problems you are having here
datsunboy
Datsun God
aka: Dan

Re: Build Thread Contents page

Post by datsunboy »

Ging i have no idea what your talking about.
Theres nothing that anyone here has agaisnt change.

And i don't know what features you think we don't want?

I use a smartphone on the forum too.....with a smaller screen that your iphone lol.....it is a pain, but works fine.

I would welcome a change to make it better for phones.....but we have to keep it looking correct for the 99% of the pc users too
1969 SSS Nissan Bluebird coupe
1970 Datsun 1600 - CA18DET - Sold!
73violet
Regular
aka: Phlex

Post by 73violet »

I was thinking more along the lines of m.nzdatsun like trademe wen u open that up and facebook. I havnt seen any forums that do that, but thats off topic lol
73 140j
Slow and steady wins the race. But im sooo dam impatient
braasmonkey
Site Admin
aka: Braasy

Post by braasmonkey »

gingofthesouth wrote:
braasmonkey wrote:I agree lol My PC was out of commission for a week while upgrading/waiting on parts. Android phone is awesome, but form factor makes it a little annoying to navigate. Will see if there is an upgrade for the forum that supports mobiles, and pass on to the Administrators :)

Yeah there is (best is Tapatalk, but I think it needs phpbb v3 upwards). But they are not much into change lol.

There are some newer features that comes with the new version that a couple people on here in the past have mentioned they dont want.

Anyhow.....

This forum works perfect on an iPad as it is :P
Yes, iPad ok (when I get to use it lol) but some of us have to rough it :P

Any idea what the changes were that weren't wanted/needed? Cheers.
1972 DATSUN 1200 (B110) 4 DOOR SEDAN << Check Out My Build Thread
1972 DATSUN 240Z (S30) 2 DOOR COUPE << Check Out My Build Thread
braasmonkey
Site Admin

Post by braasmonkey »

73violet wrote:I was thinking more along the lines of m.nzdatsun like trademe wen u open that up and facebook. I havnt seen any forums that do that, but thats off topic lol
I understood what you meant ;)
gingofthesouth
Site Admin
aka: Ging

Post by gingofthesouth »

datsunboy wrote:Ging i have no idea what your talking about.

I use a smartphone on the forum too.....with a smaller screen that your iphone lol.....it is a pain, but works fine.

I would welcome a change to make it better for phones.....but we have to keep it looking correct for the 99% of the pc users too
I remember reading that Bart didn't like the look of the new phpbb or something like that and a few other of the regulars (old heads) agreed. Hmm gonna have a search for it.

Either way it can be done with bugger all change bar an update of phpBB, adding a folder and a line in a footer.
Then you can use an app from the app stores for the forum or we could build our own using the API.
My orangatang 510 here.
braasmonkey
Site Admin

Post by braasmonkey »

gingofthesouth wrote:
datsunboy wrote:Ging i have no idea what your talking about.

I remember reading that Bart didn't like the look of the new phpbb or something like that and a few other of the regulars (old heads) agreed. Hmm gonna have a search for it.

Either way it can be done with bugger all change bar an update of phpBB, adding a folder and a line in a footer.
Then you can use an app from the app stores for the forum or we could build our own using the API.
Sounds like a plan, Stan. If looks are a problem, there a themes out there. Again, change a little code here, drop the themes into a folder there :)
datsunboy
Datsun God
aka: Dan

Post by datsunboy »

TLooks aren't a prblem as we have themes.
Check your user settings......we already have a custom datsun theme
The only reason i haven't updated so far is cause i can't be bothered.....and we have custom mods to the standard phpbb that i can't remember what they were lol........and cause i mostly log in to the forum via my phone these days lol
1969 SSS Nissan Bluebird coupe
1970 Datsun 1600 - CA18DET - Sold!
Kitch
Financial Member

Post by Kitch »

Havent visited this thread that I started for a while, but looks like I have generated some interest and dialogue about it all which is all good (although I dont understand IT gobble-de-gook sorry Ginge & Braasy).. :)

I was thinking about the porposed format of Model #, year, description user name etc,
one other thing that i thought might help members and casual browsers of our awesome NZDatsun build thread goodness, would maybe a reference in the description of the running gear in the link (simplified) this would help with people who have a particular fetish for an engine type or conversion .

EG:

Datsun 1600 (510)
Ginge of the Souths 1970 sedan - FJ20ET
Dattoboys 1969 SSS 2 door - L16 SSS
etc etc

Datsun 1200 (110)
Chris's 1972 Wagon - CA18DE
Garths 1973 Sedan - SR20DE
Kitchs 1971 Coupe - A15 EFI ITB
etc etc

Apologies if I have got details way off the mark on the examples above