Build Thread Contents page

please list any ideas or problems you are having here
Kitch
Financial Member

Build Thread Contents page

Post by Kitch »

Unsure if such a thing exists, but I noticed on Old School, that they have a sticky thread with shortcuts to all the various build threads.

would be a great idea, if an administrator (or someone who could be bothered) could setup a sticky thread at the top of the members build list, with a contents list of all members builds, categorized by model?

probably been suggested already - but thought I would just ask
Bartman
Committee Members

Re: Build Thread Contents page

Post by Bartman »

That would be sweet. It would take some hapless soul ages to compile though.
I'f you'd suggested this at the start of the snowdays, I could have done it while I was off work.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
DylPhil7
Financial Member
aka: DylPhil

Post by DylPhil7 »

Yeah needs to be done. far to many build threads are getting rapped. need a build thread to be JUST that imo
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Dyl, you and Kitch are talking about two completely different things. A content page is one thing, but having builds split into two forums build, and discussion(like OS) is something else completely.
I think the horse has bolted in regard to the latter. It'd be near imposssible to split the threads now. Too many posts by the threads OP would cease to make sence if the topics were split.
But a contents page is well acheivable.
I dont mind doing it, but someone will need to show me how to create hyperlinks So that each link will say bartman's 510 and be clickable, rather than bartmans 510, and then the clickable link with the URL.
That way the content post which can be sticky at the top of the projects/rides forum can be split up by model. That'll make it easier to get ideas for a build by seeing what others have done.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
datsunboy
Datsun God
aka: Dan

Post by datsunboy »

Tracy can show you how to do it Bart.....there no excuses lol

Or, I could set it up, with just one link, then you could copy and paste the rest.......but your right, It will take you AGES.....but I agree.....good idea!
lol

the separate build/discussion thread has been suggested before, and decided against
1969 SSS Nissan Bluebird coupe
1970 Datsun 1600 - CA18DET - Sold!
dirtyleppa
Datsun God
aka: leppa

Post by dirtyleppa »

if someone can show me how to do it, ill have a crack at it when i get some spare time. cant hurt to do bits and pieces here and there
braasmonkey
Site Admin
aka: Braasy

Post by braasmonkey »

[url=EXACT WEB ADDRESS TO BUILD THREAD GOES HERE INCLUDING HTTP][color=E.G. #FF0000 is RED][b]ENTER NAME OF BUILD THREAD HERE[/b][/url][/color]

Simply copy paste the above then edit the URL/Web address, colour code (if required), and text to display. Example as follows for my build thread link (which can also be found/previewed via my signature):

[url=http://www.nzdatsun.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1983][color=#FF0000][b]1972 Datsun 1200 (B110) 4 Door Sedan[/b][/url][/color]

Sing out if anyone has any questions, queries or issues.

Regards,

- Braasy

FYI, the [b] and [/b] makes the text bold.
Last edited by braasmonkey on Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1972 DATSUN 1200 (B110) 4 DOOR SEDAN << Check Out My Build Thread
1972 DATSUN 240Z (S30) 2 DOOR COUPE << Check Out My Build Thread
datsunboy
Datsun God
aka: Dan

Post by datsunboy »

Well there you go!
go hard dylan lol....maybe you and bart could split the lot and one of you start from the last page, and one from the first and then combine them at the end?
1969 SSS Nissan Bluebird coupe
1970 Datsun 1600 - CA18DET - Sold!
Mikewazowski
Financial Member
aka: Michael

Post by Mikewazowski »

I don't have much to add, but I think the colour of the links should be the same as all the other links on here. The red one in your signature probably isn't obviously a link to most people. Just a thought.
braasmonkey
Site Admin
aka: Braasy

Post by braasmonkey »

Mikewazowski wrote:I don't have much to add, but I think the colour of the links should be the same as all the other links on here. The red one in your signature probably isn't obviously a link to most people. Just a thought.
How do you like my signature now? :lol:
1972 DATSUN 1200 (B110) 4 DOOR SEDAN << Check Out My Build Thread
1972 DATSUN 240Z (S30) 2 DOOR COUPE << Check Out My Build Thread