New Website design idea....

please list any ideas or problems you are having here
gingofthesouth
Site Admin
aka: Ging

Re: New Website design idea....

Post by gingofthesouth »

Bartman wrote:link doesn't work for me.

What link doesn't work for you. Shat browser are you using?
My orangatang 510 here.
datsunboy
Datsun God
aka: Dan

Post by datsunboy »

I guess its me that "looks after" the website and front page e.t.c. (but as this is now a Inc Club, all decisions shall be made by the club committee)
the current one is just as I designed 2-3 years ago now lol.
I have very limited html skills (but more than your average pc user lol).
your page looks to function a lot nicer, and look ok.....I like the pop-up too.

I think most of the committee would agree that its time to change my half assed front page lol.
and it appears your keen and probably the best one to do the job!

could you make it so that the black part is square? ie so that no matter what picture you had on the left, or how much text you had....it would be a nice black square.....not a funny shape as yours is currently.
also....the pop-up is cool as.....is there any way to make it just select a random picture from a specified folder each time you click next?

also it will need to work best with Firefox and IE.....as they are the most commonly used browsers around.
not nearly as many people use safari or chrome (even if they are better/worse).

I'll put it to vote in the committee room, and if all goes well, then you can design us a new website!
:highfive: :beer:
1969 SSS Nissan Bluebird coupe
1970 Datsun 1600 - CA18DET - Sold!
gingofthesouth
Site Admin

Post by gingofthesouth »

datsunboy wrote:I guess its me that "looks after" the website and front page e.t.c. (but as this is now a Inc Club, all decisions shall be made by the club committee)
the current one is just as I designed 2-3 years ago now lol.
I have very limited html skills (but more than your average pc user lol).
your page looks to function a lot nicer, and look ok.....I like the pop-up too.

I think most of the committee would agree that its time to change my half assed front page lol.
and it appears your keen and probably the best one to do the job!

could you make it so that the black part is square? ie so that no matter what picture you had on the left, or how much text you had....it would be a nice black square.....not a funny shape as yours is currently.
also....the pop-up is cool as.....is there any way to make it just select a random picture from a specified folder each time you click next?

also it will need to work best with Firefox and IE.....as they are the most commonly used browsers around.
not nearly as many people use safari or chrome (even if they are better/worse).

I'll put it to vote in the committee room, and if all goes well, then you can design us a new website!
:highfive: :beer:
Could make the popups random using php no problem.
The best using safari and chrome because ie and firefox don't use webkit extensions for the round corners. And was not going to make round corners in Photoshop ff or ie if ya didn't want it lol.
My orangatang 510 here.
datsunboy
Datsun God

Post by datsunboy »

yeah I see it that despite any beneifts of using a differnt browser, we have to recongnise that most people will use firefox or IE
gingofthesouth
Site Admin

Post by gingofthesouth »

datsunboy wrote:yeah I see it that despite any beneifts of using a differnt browser, we have to recongnise that most people will use firefox or IE
Lol, yeah I understand that. What I meant is that For the purposes of the demo use safari or chrome to show what it will look like in all browsers if you decided tonuse it (in webkit I can tell the borders to be round edged, in ie and firefox I have to tell it to use photoshopped round edges) which I didn't want to make if the web design idea was not going to be used :P

If you wanted to run with that design. Idea I would make the round edges for the other browsers :P all good anyway hit me back if you decide ya want to go ahead and we will work over the design.

Ernest
My orangatang 510 here.
gingofthesouth
Site Admin

Post by gingofthesouth »

datsunboy wrote: could you make it so that the black part is square? ie so that no matter what picture you had on the left, or how much text you had....it would be a nice black square.....not a funny shape as yours is currently.
I am happy to do the new website. I can also make the pics bigger, maybe have a live gallery of photos on the main page?
My orangatang 510 here.
gingofthesouth
Site Admin

Post by gingofthesouth »

I will try russle up a new little idea based on feedback tonight. One with members rides on the front page...
My orangatang 510 here.
datsunboy
Datsun God

Post by datsunboy »

sounds good mate.
From our unofficial committee meeting on the weekend in hanmer, it seems most people are pretty keen to let you have a go at giving the front page a new look 8-)
1337cookie
aka: Buddy

Post by 1337cookie »

I have skills in php so I can code up some CMS (Content Management System) to edit and update the website front pages and gallery etc. I can probably implement it so that the admins can login in with their forum user names and passwords, and if you were to change your password on the forum it would be the same, etc.
Also if anyone needs help with valid css, valid html or whatever give us a pm.
datsunboy
Datsun God

Post by datsunboy »

That sound pretty cool mate.
Will bring it up at next committee meeting