New Website design idea....

please list any ideas or problems you are having here
1337cookie
aka: Buddy

Re: New Website design idea....

Post by 1337cookie »

Cool, I haven't been to a meeting yet but I probably should get along sometime.
DylPhil7
Financial Member
aka: DylPhil

Post by DylPhil7 »

Looks good gingerballs, Good to see that it is looking like it is going to get utilized. It should also be constantly updated! :)
gingofthesouth
Site Admin
aka: Ging

Post by gingofthesouth »

I made that base code in an afternoon over a year ago and nothing happened. I asked for content and for ideas but the comittee didnt get back to me.

Cookie: I too know how to code PHP, I do Objective C coding too.

All I was going to make for them was a main page, new links to the forums, and then pull posts from a page update thread for the content (blog styles).

Members rides thread (which is in progress atm I think) could to the same and link to the appropriate threads.

Anyhow I gave up and have moved on.
My orangatang 510 here.
datsunboy
Datsun God
aka: Dan

Post by datsunboy »

ginge.....I sent you a PM ages and ages ago saying that the committee had said that you can just use whatever pictures you wanted that you found on the site......you never responded. We appreciate you efforts to put something together for us awhile ago, but it never really eventuated.

The main page is seriously dated, and I can never be bothered to update it.....so having the easy update thing that 1337cookie is proposing would be fantastic....cause then even Bart could update it! lol

1337cookie, it would be great if you could make it along to the next committee meeting, and we'll discuss it further?
1969 SSS Nissan Bluebird coupe
1970 Datsun 1600 - CA18DET - Sold!
gingofthesouth
Site Admin
aka: Ging

Post by gingofthesouth »

datsunboy wrote:ginge.....I sent you a PM ages and ages ago saying that the committee had said that you can just use whatever pictures you wanted that you found on the site......you never responded. We appreciate you efforts to put something together for us awhile ago, but it never really eventuated.

The main page is seriously dated, and I can never be bothered to update it.....so having the easy update thing that 1337cookie is proposing would be fantastic....cause then even Bart could update it! lol

1337cookie, it would be great if you could make it along to the next committee meeting, and we'll discuss it further?
Well obviously I never got it because I even asked Bart several times in the following months and WOULD have done it.

Instead of even using CMS you could just use a committee member only thread which would be reformatted like news updates on the main page. Then you dont even have to log into anything else. Could look something like this - http://blog.phpbb.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; where it shows the heading, date and who posted it, but the contents are just new posts in a thread.
My orangatang 510 here.
1337cookie
aka: Buddy

Post by 1337cookie »

Pretty much all I was going to do was use the session that's created to confirm that a user on the forum was an admin or not seing how it is the same domain name.