Datsun Nationals 2019 Hanmer Springs Labour Weekend October 25th-28th

Check it out, and get along to some of our Datsun club events/cruises! Feel free to organise your own :)

Moderator: braasmonkey

classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Datsun Nationals 2019 Hanmer Springs Labour Weekend October 25th-28th

Post by classicdat »

This is it! Finally the South Islanders get to host the Northeners for the Nationals, 2019.

Be part of it, Register now at: https://www.emailmeform.com/builder/for ... I4j4zny-B8
** Dinner pre bookings are now closed sorry, but there is still the potential of joining in and attending at the Five Stags on the Saturday Night. Please still register for the rest of the weekend, it promises to be a great event, Saturday with the Track day and Sunday with Show and Shine and Cruise.

After such a great experience for the Southern contingent who made the journey north in 2017, (corrected, thanx Braasy) we are now able to extend hospitality to North Island, and South Island Datsun enthusiasts. Labour Weekend 2019, October 26-28th.

All those arriving in to Christchurch earlier you will be most welcome, and hit up some of the locals for a bed.

The Plan:

Now Friday Oct 25th 2019
6.30pm Meet at the Peg, Main North Road Belfast (Those coming from the North we will start a cruise thread so you can all meet up and cruise down together, so please let us know your plans by posting up in there, maybe someone can take a lead in getting a deal on the ferry and trying to get as many as possible on the same sailing) (Same for those coming from further south, forget Waimate! Come to the Datsun Track day, more seat time, better cars, and some great people to hang with).

Saturday, 8.30am Hanmer Meet (up at location to be notified with registration confirmation) and Cruise to Race track for a Track day, bring your good brakes, tyres and change of undies. No Registration - No Track time, so register now.
5.00pm Cruise back to Hanmer to meet up for the AGM and Dinner. Simon is investigating accommodation options, but there are plenty of houses for rent and anything from forest huts and cabin in the camping ground to flash resorts. Don't forget your togs for the hot pools.
Evening: party time, TBA.

Sunday Oct 27th
9am Meet up and cruise, We will meet again in Hanmer to take in some Fantastic roads including the Awesome Hawkswood hill climb, Leader Valley and maybe even the Go Kart track at Kaikoura, lets face it 1200s are really just Go Karts anyway. We will have a park up for a BBQ Lunch, anyone rocking a 260C, Ute or V8 280zx with a towbar may be hit up to tow the NZDatsun BBQ trailer. This will be the time to give out some prizes, so bring your best shine, and then head back to base at Hanmer on what has to be one of he best roads around, something for everyone, and an another evening of making new mates.

Monday Oct 28th
Breakfast for the hardy, before we get on the road again.

Following 2 weeks, touring the South Island visiting cool people you have met over the weekend and experiencing some of the best roads in the World! Without all the Tourists we experience in the Summer.

So what are you doing sitting there reading this??? Register Now!

Get out in the shed and get that Datsun sorted, this will be an event of Epic proportions, and a track day you will never forget!
Datsuns from A to Zed
Sinfull
Regular

Re: Datsun Nationals 2019 Hanmer Springs

Post by Sinfull »

Sounds great.

Time to organise the northerner troops.
78 Datsun 120y Sedan - Sold
72 Datsun 1200 Coupe - Sold
69 Datsun 510 Sedan
74 Datsun 620 Ute
95 Nissan Sunny
kobyn
Datsun Mad

Post by kobyn »

Nice a track day ,good work will try my best to get there or just hitch a ride down
braasmonkey
Site Admin
aka: Braasy

Post by braasmonkey »

classicdat wrote:After such a great experience for the Southern contingent who made the journey north in 2018, we are now able to extend hospitality to North Island, and South Island Datsun enthusiasts. Labour Weekend 2019, October 26-28th.
If I'm not mistaken, 2017 is when the southern migration occurred ;)
1972 DATSUN 1200 (B110) 4 DOOR SEDAN << Check Out My Build Thread
1972 DATSUN 240Z (S30) 2 DOOR COUPE << Check Out My Build Thread
maddat1
Financial Member

Post by maddat1 »

Yes it was 2017 n i guess it was decided that we going to have the nats every 2 years between north/south island.
Looking forward for this one and looks like its well planned.should be a great weekend.
fletch
Financial Member

Post by fletch »

I'm keen as. We had a great time at ohakune, so i didn't have to convince Gen and the kids to come to this.

Now I have 8 months to finish my motor and get it running. Could be right. Haha
68p510sss
Regular
aka: Andrewj

Post by 68p510sss »

I thoroughly enjoyed a day trip to the 2017 Nationals in Ohakune. Unfortunately I don't expect my 68 sss to be ready. My son Nick lives in Christchurch and is enjoying my old sss. A passenger seat in his car is booked and I have bought my airline tickets. Looking forward to meeting great people and a great Datsun weekend.

Cheers Andrew
70 510 rally car rebuilt and prepared as a classic race car
68 510 sss, retired rally car, currently a bare shell being restored
72 510 sss, awaiting restoration
72 510 sss, retired race car back on the road sold to my son
180bst
Financial Member

Post by 180bst »

Where or which track is the meet on the saturday. Cheers

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
1975 610 Sedan VG20ET