Datsun Nationals 2018

Check it out, and get along to some of our Datsun club events/cruises! Feel free to organise your own :)

Moderator: braasmonkey

Tristan
aka: Tristan

Datsun Nationals 2018

Post by Tristan »

Anyone had any thoughts on the nationals this year??

I had an awesome time last year in Ohakune and am keen to find out what the plans are for this year. I know that it is a long way off but if its a combined event in the South Island Im sure that there will be a few of us that will need time to prep and save for it.

Any ideas?
VB110 1200 Wagon
rob240z
Datsun Dreamer

Re: Datsun Nationals 2018

Post by rob240z »

Hey Tristan, glad you had a good time last year. There's a few of us that would love to do another combined meet but down in the south island but its not happening this year. I am sorting things out for this year already and will post the details up later in the year so keep an eye out. I can tell you that it will be based back out of Taupo this year.
71 240Z
78 810SSS
brocky41
Financial Member
aka: Brocky

Post by brocky41 »

Why Taupo?

Why not nelson or even Kaikoura to do our bit for helping the locals there.

I thought that last years Nats in Ouakune was the first of a new North one year, South the next etc?
gingofthesouth
Site Admin
aka: Ging

Post by gingofthesouth »

It was combined one year, separate the next year, combine (but opposite island) the following year.
My orangatang 510 here.
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

funnily enough brocky, Kaikoura is being discussed, as is the west coast , nothing concrete yet, but and as always the north island guys will be welcome, however we do understand that not everyone can afford to cross the ditch, so an alternative north island event for those guys and girls not travelling is a good idea.
rob240z
Datsun Dreamer

Post by rob240z »

I wasn't told that was what was happening. From the conversations i was involved with last year it was something we were going to try and do every few years allowing people time to save for the event. I'm not that active on here, only really to organise the labour weekend cruise so i may have missed something. If it is then that's fine we will still run a cruise up here for those that can't make it down to the Nationals.
71 240Z
78 810SSS
DATSN1200
Regular

Post by DATSN1200 »

Hi Rob
Could you give me an overview of the event at Taupo your planning this year please ?
The reason for my enquiry is there are some Z Club Members in Wellington that I know who could be interested in joining us if you would like more numbers but they have asked me for details of what is planned before committing and arranging accommodation
Some of the local Datsun owners here who don't have Z Cars join with the local Z boys and attend events locally like Southwards Car Museum open days

Cheers
Joseph
rob240z
Datsun Dreamer

Post by rob240z »

Hey Joseph, The Z club is always welcome to join us. In the past i have posted up on the Z club site as i am/was a member there as well, and we have joined them for there taupo track day as well.

We have a basic formula that we tend to follow which is

Saturday, everyone travel to Taupo. Saturday night we go out for a group dinner with a quizz for those that are interested.

Sunday, meet up at a predetermined carpark before leaving for the cruse. this usually has a few stops and a 1/2- 1 hour stop for lunch normally ending up back in Taupo around 3-3.30 at a pub in town for a drink and trophy presentation. from there everyone goes back to where there staying before those that are interested meet back up at one of the locals places for a BYO pot luck dinner. This may be changed this time as the numbers are getting to a point where hosting is hard so may have to orgains a secounded dinner in town somewhere.

Monday normally a bacon and egg brekkie for those interested is hosted by one of the locals before you all head home but again this may change if the numbers are too high

hope that helps.
71 240Z
78 810SSS
DATSN1200
Regular

Post by DATSN1200 »

Hi Rob
Any updates for Labour Weekend at Taupo
Cheers
skutaman
Financial Member
aka: Bert Newcombe

Post by skutaman »

Hey guys,

Any updates for labour weekend south island meet?
Aka usually akaroa

Cheers.
"Friends Don't Let Friends Drive Standard!"

-81' Sportstar Ute http://www.nzdatsun.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4329 (Project)
-82' 910 Bluebird 'Annie' http://www.nzdatsun.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2259 (Decesed )