South Island Nats Cruise 2017 Oct 19-24

Check it out, and get along to some of our Datsun club events/cruises! Feel free to organise your own :)

Moderator: braasmonkey

classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

South Island Nats Cruise 2017 Oct 19-24

Post by classicdat »

This year the Datsun Nationals are being staged in Ohakune, Join in the Event of the Year as we Celebrate the 50th Birthday of the 1600/510.
We are planning to Cross on the 8am Ferry on Friday the 20th of October.
Add you suggestions to this Thread for Cruise details to make this destination. Thoughts at this stage are to leave Christchurch early Friday and cruise through to Picton to meet the Ferry. I will be great to have some cars from Invercargill, Winton, Gore, Central, Dunedin and all points south joining with us as we head North, so far we have secured a Ferry Deal that will see Car and driver crossing for $300 return, and $40 a passenger. We will continue to work on this, and I am sure the more we can group together the better this deal will get.

This promises to be a Awesome event and probably one of our biggest yet, start planning to be there, get working on that Datsun, 510 or not, this should be an event to remember.

Keep yourself informed by checking back and add your own plans and progress to encourage others.

Plan is to have a Relaxed Cruise leave late on Thursday Afternoon, this may take in Nelson??
Alternatively people may want to blast through over night. SH 1 may be open by then, Whoop Whoop!

If you are Planning on coming and wanting to get in on the group discount please go to this thread

http://www.nzdatsun.com/forums/viewtopi ... =12&t=8362
Datsuns from A to Zed
tsC20
Datsun Dreamer

Re: South Island Nats Cruise 2017 Oct 19-24

Post by tsC20 »

There are a few of us in Wellington that can join you on Saturday if you are overnighting in our fine capital city ?
Tony_Whenua
Financial Member

Post by Tony_Whenua »

Ill be joining from Blenheim :highfive:
"Dude you're like 30 degrees retarded" - Chris_g1 & 2 Doors
brocky41
Financial Member
aka: Brocky

Post by brocky41 »

Ive been doing alot of ChCh - Auck relocations of vans lately.

Its 6 hours from chch to picton - early morning or 7 hours during the day. and 4 hours welly to taupo

I leave at 3.30am, catch the 10.45am ferry (be there at 9.45 for check in) get off at 2pm and get to taupo by 6.30pm, its a grind but you can do it in 1 day.

Just some info for trip times....
classicdat
Committee Members

Post by classicdat »

Thanx Brock well worth considering, will come down to time off vs stamina I guess, people committing to attend will need to post up what will work best for them, having current drives time will help that conversation.'
Do you have a Datsun Running for this Brock? I notice you Dailying one currently :burnout: Be great to have you along again, it's been a while between drinks.
Datsuns from A to Zed
brocky41
Financial Member
aka: Brocky

Post by brocky41 »

Well i have a Nissan Datsun Datsun Nissan (D21 Navara) that i could get up there, although id take the car trailer aswell and bring a certain MK1 cortina back with me lol.

It has been a while, ive just been busy hoarding..... and working on the house.
luke
Datsun Addict

Post by luke »

i can come for the drive up as far as the nelson turnoff, but unfortunately my selfish mate has decided to get married the first year my coupe can make nationals on the exact damn weekend. such is life. keen for the friday morning mission up.
when is the return drive likely to happen?
1972 1200 coupe KB110
classicdat
Committee Members

Post by classicdat »

Teh return will ned to be discussed on this thread, some suggestions have been a visit to Horopito Motors on the way home on Monday, so probably home early Tuesday??
Datsuns from A to Zed
Datto_610
Datsun God
aka: Greg

Post by Datto_610 »

Have just done the mish up to Picton and then up to Featherston in the last 4 days. Heading up leaving in the afternoon was just under 7 hours, lots of roadworks and stop go signs. Heading back in the evening was 6 hours down from Picton a bit less traffic and no stop go signs just a few sets of traffic lights. I am pretty excited for this as the 180 was flawless for the whole journey!
classicdat
Committee Members

Post by classicdat »

Datto_610 wrote: I am pretty excited for this as the 180 was flawless for the whole journey!
Awesome Greg, well done!
Datsuns from A to Zed