Possible meet with guests from DATSPORT

Check it out, and get along to some of our Datsun club events/cruises! Feel free to organise your own :)

Moderator: braasmonkey

Bartman
Committee Members

Re: Possible meet with guests from DATSPORT

Post by Bartman »

I've been to a big meet not too far from Ashurst (Chris and Bernie country) twice.
It's within cruising distance of the tui brewery too. (I don't care much for tui, but they can do buffet meals on site, and I can drink any beer at a pinch)
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
kobyn
Datsun Mad

Possible meet with guests from DATSPORT

Post by kobyn »

Bartman wrote:I've been to a big meet not too far from Ashurst (Chris and Bernie country) twice.
It's within cruising distance of the tui brewery too. (I don't care much for tui, but they can do buffet meals on site, and I can drink any beer at a pinch)
Hey and me lol ,born in raised in ashhurst my farms 5km up the road ,Ashhurst was the Datsun capital in 1995 I had 7 cousins and older brother all had the Datsun bug along with every other under 25yo in our small town back in the day ,even had a Datsun tree a park up stop where a a12 engine some how found its way to the top of a tree, was there for years also had a few datsuns pushed of the cliff were the tree was ,we must of had the most expensive b110 in the country at the time a fella by the name of john Ross(nelson now) had poured over 15g into his 1200 back in 1995 I remember being about 12 and he took me up the saddle road never forget it it was a rocketship I think that was the day I caught the Datsun bug, so yeah a lot of Datsun history in that small town and awesome roads ,would be great to repay the awesome hospitality we were showing in our nationals trip to chch in 2011

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
510BRE
Area Reps
aka: shane

Post by 510BRE »

Awesome Kobyn definitely up on the list of locations :-)
1972 r/h drive 2dr P510 sedan 98 sr20det in the build
1969 l/h drive 2dr PL510 sedan bre look alike
1972 r/h drive 4dr P510 sedan pretty standard
510BRE
Area Reps

Post by 510BRE »

Hi Everyone so I have finally got a hold of Manfield and surprise surprise they are fully booked for labour weekend 2017 so I am looking for other possible destinations with a track that may still be available either lower north or upper south island. Anyone got any ideas?
Cheers
Alice
kartboy
Committee Members
aka: Hayden

Post by kartboy »

Thanks Shane

I don't have any suggestions at this stage but i was talking to Tracy the other day at Datsport and they are really looking forward too it.
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

Can't say anything comes to mind at the moment, Will be awesome wherever we end up.
gingofthesouth
Site Admin
aka: Ging

Post by gingofthesouth »

2 doors wrote:Can't say anything comes to mind at the moment, Will be awesome wherever we end up.
Any gravel or tarmac sprints on that weekend that we could enter into?
My orangatang 510 here.
brocky41
Financial Member
aka: Brocky

Post by brocky41 »

510BRE wrote:Hi Everyone so I have finally got a hold of Manfield and surprise surprise they are fully booked for labour weekend 2017 so I am looking for other possible destinations with a track that may still be available either lower north or upper south island. Anyone got any ideas?
Cheers
Alice
Hawkes bay car club - its fully packed limestone - i was part of the club till i left hawkes bay - its an autocross track but street cars run all the time - great venue with kitchen etc and we could probably use the services of the club for bar and running it as a proper autocross

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYQiluGDDiU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8QjLVaVQr8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_LcZpaP8J8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfhyXw-0SaA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
brocky41
Financial Member
aka: Brocky

Post by brocky41 »

can also do motorkhana style events in the centre of the track on the grass
510BRE
Area Reps

Post by 510BRE »

Cool ideas coming through I will check out a couple of things like any events that could be entered and also Hawkes Bay car club. I am not sure how everyone feels about coming to the Hawkes bay it is a slightly bigger hike than Palmy but deff worth checking everything out. Thanks for all your in put it is much appreciated and keep the ideas coming
Cheers
Alice