Possible meet with guests from DATSPORT

Check it out, and get along to some of our Datsun club events/cruises! Feel free to organise your own :)

Moderator: braasmonkey

woodies72coupe
Committee Members

Post by woodies72coupe »

I'm in for sure!!! I might even have 2 cars by then! Will be great to meet some people from up north!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
datsunboy
Datsun God
aka: Dan

Post by datsunboy »

I'm keen! Somewhere not too far up north to save on travel for those from the south.
I think labour weekend. ...or any other long weekend would be best and would make it easier for more people to make it to the event without taking too much time off work.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
1969 SSS Nissan Bluebird coupe
1970 Datsun 1600 - CA18DET - Sold!
510BRE
Area Reps
aka: shane

Re: Possible meet with guests from DATSPORT

Post by 510BRE »

I agree Dan need to make it as accessible to as many people as poss so this brings the question any suggestions on locations we have already had Palmy with the manfield track are there any places at the top of the south or bottom of the north that may have club tracks and accommodation? Is a track day what is wanted I am guessing that most people will only be available for 1 day since we will all be travelling so do we do half a day at the track and a short cruise just a cruise or just a track day? Any other suggestions? Also any suggestions on fund raising to help fund the ditch crossings etc? I know we will not be able to please everyone but if we get a bunch of ideas together then we can start making some decisions and just keep the ball rolling.
Cheers
Alice
1972 r/h drive 2dr P510 sedan 98 sr20det in the build
1969 l/h drive 2dr PL510 sedan bre look alike
1972 r/h drive 4dr P510 sedan pretty standard
rob240z
Datsun Dreamer

Post by rob240z »

What about making it waitangi weekend as well? weather is more likely to be good in feb than any other long weekend
71 240Z
78 810SSS
Tony_Whenua
Financial Member

Post by Tony_Whenua »

If its around the end of March till start of May I cant make it. But any other time and with plenty of notice for me to book the calander before the mrs does ... I am in.

North Island sounds choice :thumbsup:
"Dude you're like 30 degrees retarded" - Chris_g1 & 2 Doors
kartboy
Committee Members
aka: Hayden

Post by kartboy »

would it be best to talk to Tracy and Baz and see what weekend would suit them the best and plan around that?

I am all good for Labour weekend though, if it's Waitangi 2016 I may not have cars ready.
510BRE
Area Reps
aka: shane

Post by 510BRE »

Hi yes I have talked to Trace and she has said they would be coming out around Labour weekend so is prob best to work around that. It definitely won't be feb 2016 Hayden :-). If we can nut out what we want to do and where we want to do it then we can make some solid plans so some talk on what things people would like from the event would be cool
Cheers
Alice
1972 r/h drive 2dr P510 sedan 98 sr20det in the build
1969 l/h drive 2dr PL510 sedan bre look alike
1972 r/h drive 4dr P510 sedan pretty standard
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

I'm keen, palmy fielding is not a bad idea, 2 years 2 plan should be enough to make it a 2 day event with a track day and a cruise, coramandle would be an awesome location, but a long way off for us south island people, tauranga also would be an ideal location, the pys paa to rotarua road would be a good day trip as well. If fielding, then a trip to horipito would be possible??
DatsunP510
Regular

Post by DatsunP510 »

Yeah I agree that it should be a two day event. Make it bigger and better than ever as it is a special event that we won't be seeing in NZ too often.

Would be interested on when you lock in a date, as I will need to work to that for my rebuild.
kartboy
Committee Members
aka: Hayden

Post by kartboy »

Palmerston North is probably a good central ish place to meet, 475km's driving from Christchurch and 520 km's from Auckland